How did you spend your Saturdays?

by MissConfused 20 Replies latest social entertainment

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

So nice not to have to go in field service and then go home and do chores.

I slept late! I've had construction workers outside the windows at 7:30 a.m. all week. Not on Saturday, thank goodness. I did a lot of errands, sat in the garden and gossiped with a neighbor, that sort of thing. A very idle, lovely day.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

up at 6:30 worked till noon i made my lunch i fixed the car had a migraine decided not to drive 150 miles and help sombody move, cooked dinner done paper work watched the 'Americans' cleaned up fed the dog/cat in bed by 1

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i forgot i also read my bible in between my good works

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

My Saturday was great! The dc was on Saturday and it's the first time I missed it. I played with my cat then my husband and I went n had massage then lunch.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Missing the DC is great isn't Julia. We have "missed" 4 now.

• finally awake
    finally awake

we were camping all weekend. Saturday I got a massage while the kids kayaked on the lake, then we went to visit some relatives nearby. after the visit we picked up dinner stuff and went back to camp and had a nice evening around the campfire.

• rubadubdub
    rubadubdub

I am happy to say I have missed (not) two DCs and two Memorials!

I caught up with one of my sisters on the telephone on Friday night. I wake up early to take care of my pets. Hubby sleeps in about an hour later than I do most days. I love that quiet time—sipping a mug of coffee and reading Time magazine about The Childfree Life (Our daughter is a teacher who just adopted to lab puppies and posted their pics on Face Book calling them my grand dogs!) and another article about The Surveillance Society and the illusion of privacy (I could identify with that! Seems like the dubs are lurking everywhere!) All the while my dog was snuggled up next to me and my cat was kneading and purring in my lap. A bit of a balancing act with the coffee, but life is good.

Hubby made oatmeal with cinnamon and almonds. We headed out to the pet store to stock up on supplies, using a 20% off coupon. Then on to Action Sports, as I had finally, after two years of searching, found a life jacket in the style he likes with the right-sized pockets for his cell phone and GPS.

At noon we arrived at an Open House for an organization we volunteer for and chatted with the other volunteers before taking three groups of handicapped people out sailing for an hour each. They all loved my dog, and we had a great time. Hubby is the Captain and I’m First Mate. Saw ospreys, egrets and heron along the channel. Good wind, beautiful day, great sailing and laughter. Went out for a burger and a glass of wine at an outdoor restaurant with picnic benches (They allow dogs.) on the river nearby.

Checked on Mom on the way home. She has dementia and is a hoarder among other issues. She finally parted with a large rolling table that was taking up way too much room in her tiny apartment. She “gave” it to my hubby, but I will be accused of stealing it, I’m sure. Oh well.

When we got home hubby took a nap, (He’s a night owl and doesn’t get much sleep at night.), and I caught up on my email. We are planning Christmas in Central America with both our kids. I put the finishing touches on my lessons for my ESL (English as a second language) student and my Qigong class. I did a lesson in my Spanish course before snuggling in bed with hubby.

Two years out and life is good, MissConfused!

• James Brown
    James Brown

Went to bed at 2 am Saturday morning, got up at 10 am.

Had waffels and coffee.

Went to the gym for an hour.

Came home went in the pool. Drank some beer.

Made dinner of steak and lobster and more beer.

Watched High Def big screen tv. Fox Soccer channel.

Finished "Orange as the new Black" series

Then started watching "Hell on Wheels"

Both are good shows, I give the edge to "Orange is the new Black"

because I was a detention officer, it's all the good aspects of going to work

without having to leave the comfort of home.

• MissConfused
    MissConfused

Wow.. Now thats what i call Saturday. Free to spend time as we like and not to be tied upon to do 'Will of GB/FDS'. Hope you all have a great week ahead!!! Cheers!

• BU2B
    BU2B

Glad to see everyone enjoying "living without law". The law of the GB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit