Why were we so fortunate to escape clutches of the WT?

by jam 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JAM:

I think it is a combination of factors that will indicate why a person or family will leave the religion. And, it has nothing to do with intelligence but more to do with other circumstances. Two people can realize the religion is crap but maybe only one will leave. The other may have family and business connections and may feel trapped.

I only had myself to worry about and started my "fade" cold-turkey at an opportune moment. My only regret was that I didn't follow my gut and leave years earlier!!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

One thing I am certain of is that some have a need to be a JW, this is not always for exactly the same reason, but they all seem to be emotion based reasons.

This sort of person will ignore every reason for them to leave, just shove it aside.

Someone like this is never going to leave, unless the WT folds.

Many stay in because of fears of various kinds, they too will probably never leave.

Those who do make the move have their own individual reason or reasons, but they are the kind of person who does not wish to waste their life, the only life they can be sure of, by being part of a scam pretending to be a religion, which is what the WT is.

It takes courage to leave, often great courage, thus all who do have my respect and good wishes.

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

Why? Because some want to swallow the red pill... while most can not handle the truth and swallow the blue pill

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

The root of the reason why some people can see and understand the difference between deception and truth is clearly identified in the bible:

Daniel 12:10

And the wicked ones will certainly act wickedly, and no wicked ones at all will understand; but the ones having insight will understand.

abe

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Max on page 1: Something happened in our lives one day. That's all.

One day we would not see the reality that was around us. The next day somthing changed in our minds and we allowed ourselves to see it. When we did, we saw the WT rubbish for what it was and left. Maybe it was just a few words from somone that crystalised a thought we had lurking anyhow; maybe it was something that just seemed wrong and needed investigation.

I tend to agree. It may have been a significant event or just a thoughtless word from the platform or some JW.

Many have this happen, but then they let the cult reinforce their thinking and ease their cognitive dissonance. Others are triggered to investigate more or their mind flips toward the other direction instead of easing back into JW thoughts. I would expect that major doctrinal changes often shake people's minds and allows many to think along their own different paths. But it could also be common circumstances or words that shake them.

We don't have numbers, but I truly believe that if we were able to count the born-in children who left by adulthood without ever getting baptized, the total number of those that left would greatly surpass the number that stay in. So that belief causes me to think we are not the "rare" lucky ones, but that it is common.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman
    With the world of information available today there is no excuse.

The earth has provided us with the Internet.

It is quickly swallowing up the river of lies published by the Watchtower Society in the last century:

Revelation 12:15-17

And the serpent disgorged water like a river from its mouth after the woman, to cause her to be drowned by the river. 16 But the earth came to the woman’s help, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed up the river that the dragon disgorged from its mouth. 17 And the dragon grew wrathful at the woman, and went off to wage war with the remaining ones of her seed, who observe the commandments of God and have the work of bearing witness to Jesus.

abe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit