Why were we so fortunate to escape clutches of the WT?

by jam 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

When I was growing up, all my family, aunts, uncles, cousins on my dads side were in. We attended the same congregation and I think some other families envied us because we were so close. I often thought how wonderful, how fortunate that we were all together. Now, I have been out for almost 30 years and only a few of my cousins have also walked away. It breaks my heart that most are still in, while our parents, who were supposed to not grow old, have all grown into their 80's and died. I think it sometimes takes a life changing incident, as in my case,or just a gradual awakening, as in the case of my cousin. All I know is that now I am so fortunate and happy to be out!

• 20yearfader
    20yearfader

i was always curious not accepting the crap that came from brooklyn no man can tell me who and who not to speak too what are we 5 years old.i use to watch a lot of national geo when i was a kid an they would find objects that were 10 k years old and i would always say that can't be right man has only been here for 6k years plus i hated hated field service.

• jam
    jam

Safe: It's so weird, recalling the day you got baptize (the good

feeling) and now, the great feeling of being out. WTH!!!

• jam
    jam

20yearfader: you were a smart kid, good for you. I watch

to many cartoons.

• jam
    jam

Outlaw: LOL, I finally got it. Good one.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Personally I believe those who truly belong in the Watchtower cult and in its supremacist apostate "ruling religious clergy class" are a minority.

The rest have been told to keep their eyes wide shut and mindlessly ignore their cognitive dissonance caused by knowing instinctively something is wrong and they don't belong.

(Why does the "true religion" secretly blind its followers to the "Good News" according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?)

• chickpea
    chickpea

it was a simple as this: my youngest child (NOW 20!!!!) came out to me as transgender.... ball in my court

did i want a relationship with my child or "the society" and its minions?

he is doing FABULOUSLY well, living in the mini-apple, doing all the shit kids his age do... moving thru a real life loved and supported by his family

if i could summon the courage to think about it, i would weep until i had no tears left for all the children of the minions who choose a lie over a life...

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

I remember learning how "the road is narrow" and few would find it. That never made any sense to me, if god was so loving why would he make it so difficult to follow him and Satan's road would be wider and easy. Anyway, with the help of the internet and all the books now available, anyone with an inquiring mind can find the path out. If you ask a Witness why they would not want to read the history or examine their beliefs, you dont get a reasonable response. I mean, if you are a Witness because your parents were, that is a choice that was made for you. Why wouldnt you want to make that choice for yourself as an adult after a careful examination of a groups beliefs and your own conscience.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

As a jw. You give up your conscience to the governing body. You fail to be guided by it.

Everyone knows the difference between right and wrong. But when you surrender your conscience to the GB you no longer are guided by it and you no longer know the difference between right and wrong??

I have a general scense of saddness when a self proclaimed athiest bangs his chest and tells me that there is no hope. Not saddness for myself but general sadness for the pain that he is projecting. It's not my problem that he says there is no hope.

That's not my problem. Unless i choose to make it my problem.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

I'm an atheist myself and the only thing I say there's no god and not "there's no hope". WTF?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit