Why were we so fortunate to escape clutches of the WT?

by jam 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jam
    jam

When I came out I knew of very few ex-JW's. For years I

question my decision. Was I being selfish, couldn't cut the

muster, weak, what the hell was it.

Many here have realized something wasn't quite right.

Why was it so clear to us and not to others. We use the term

brain dead, dumb , clueless but if I can see the deception by the borg

(I'm not the most brilliant guy around) why not others.

What's the key? Any thoughts.

With the world of information available today there is no excuse.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

The key? Being open minded I suppose, being of a naturally curious disposition. A curious person will ask questions. A curious person will read non-WT books and think, "How does this fit in with what I know as a JW?"

• Giordano
    Giordano

My wife and I came out in the early 1960's. I had three books to guide me. Eric Hoffer's "The True believer" which didn't even mention JW's. 'The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich' and 'The Source' by James Michener. You come out when the level of BS becomes overwhelming. Your right, what took me two years to understand back in pre-internet years would have taken me two weeks today, no wonder so many are leaving on a daily basis. Without shunning I honestly think half would be leaving or at least become bystander witnesses. Standing around doing and saying nothing.

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

Something happened in our lives one day. That's all.

One day we would not see the reality that was around us. The next day somthing changed in our minds and we allowed ourselves to see it. When we did, we saw the WT rubbish for what it was and left. Maybe it was just a few words from somone that crystalised a thought we had lurking anyhow; maybe it was something that just seemed wrong and needed investigation.

All of us go though changes in our outlook in response to whatever is going on around us. One day somthing will happen to make most JWs receptive to seeing TTATT: if they find the right informaiton for themselves at the right time, they will see reality and may leave the JWs.

It's why we remain persistant in refreshing and renewing how we express the TTATT, including in response to New Truths (is that TTATNT?).

• jam
    jam

Julia: Agree, "being open-minded", that is why I became

a JW.

Glordano: It was a struggle doing the pre-internet years, but

we survived.

• jam
    jam

Max: I hope I will still be around "one day something will happen

to make MOST JW's receptive to seeing TTATT.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

I think that in the pre-internet days, you really had to be an avid reader. Nowadays, the internet is making things so much easier. On the other hand, the internet has been vilified by the WTS to the point where it becomes hard to prove anything... when you make arguments, they respond with "oh, well... the internet's not reliable." How can you know that apostates haven't changed it?

That is why, keeping some BOOKS will help. If the WTS goes all digital, it will be next to impossible to prove that the "old light" was so ridiculous...

• SafeAtHome
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Why were we so fortunate to escape clutches of the WT?

Some JW`s wouldn`t Let Us..

Eat Their Brains!..

WBT$ GB Member Guy Pierce..

......................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• jam
    jam

Ilove: yes books was a key for me doing the pre-internet period.

Glordano mention three books The Rise and Fall of the third Reich

I read, and also the biography of Albert Speer but the one

book that got me to thinking was Willie Lynch letter "How to

control your slaves".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit