800-why-1914 helpline, Marilyn Zweifel

by coffee_black 18 Replies latest jw friends

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

For many years, since the mid 80s, Marilyn Zweifel manned the help-line. Several months ago, the help-line stopped due to Marilyn's serious health issues.

Marilyn was hospitalized a few weeks ago.. She has serious health issues and has suffered from 2 serious falls... She is now in a nursing home. She will not be returning home. I spoke with her yesterday. She is in a lot of pain, and is on pain meds. She sounded nothing like her normal self. Her husband, George, says she sleeps much of the time now, and it is difficult for her to talk at all.

Just passing it along.....

Coffee

• Watchtower-Free
  • coffee_black
    coffee_black

Hi Watchower free..... You can't contact her any that way any more. She has a cell number in the Nursing home, but can hardly talk any more, and the minutes are very limited Her husband, George is with her most days.

Coffee

• life is to short
    life is to short

I am so sorry to hear this. I think we all owe her a hug amount of gratitude for all of her hard work. I myself have never spoken to her but I have heard only good about her and how much she did to help those who were so depressed and in need when they felt so alone after leaning TTATT.

My thoughts are with her and her husband.

LITS

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

I too called the hotline, many years ago. Great lady.

• minimus
    minimus

So sad.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Good for her that she did something so worthwhile with her life.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

I did not know about that! So sorry to hear... There are truly many people with good hearts out there... who really try to help fellow humans. Thank you!

• Scully
    Scully

Marilyn was the very first person I reached out to, via the 1-800-WHY-1914 help line, when I started having doubts about the JWs. She confirmed everything I was thinking, and then some.

I'm sorry she's taken ill - I knew her health had been poor in recent years and hoped she'd be able to carry on. But, alas, the time comes for everyone to hang up their light sabre and return to the universe.

Marilyn, if you ever get to read these messages, please know that I'll always remember you with love and gratitude. You helped me take the first step in my life as a former JW. I am forever in your debt. xo

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Thanks guys. I'll let this run a bit and then print it out and mail it.. Marilyn and George don't have access to the internet.

Coffee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit