A hello!

by Oogie 39 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

OOGIE- Yes, indeed the WT Society and JW's ARE a mind control cult. You are correct in your assumptions. And yes, you will get over your guilt about questioning the wT Society- but only after you have read and done research on mind control tactics so you can see that it's the WT Society's mind control tactics that make you feel this way. I highly recommend reading Steve Hassans 3 books on mind control and check out his website at : www.freedomofmind.com. Take care, and we are here for you, O.K. ? Many of us have successfully escaped the JW cult and are informing others

• Fernando
    Fernando

A warm welcome Oogie!

You've come to the right place, with loads of info, advice, links and friends available.

Yes it is a cult.

Yes they use propaganda (manipulate information to control people).

Yes it is a shock.

Yes it takes time to process and heal.

Yes you must slow down and be very patient with yourself and your family and friends - never dump on them or freak them out.

Yes it is a journey, and I wish you and yours all the best.

Yes it is worth it.

Greetings

Fernando (3rd generation born in who left after 4 decades in mid-2009)

(Why do followers of the Watchtower religion call themselves “publishers of the Good News” whilst unfamiliar with the “Good News” according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?)

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Welcome Oogie, there has been some excellent advice. Take your time and read everything you can so you will know what the real truth is. I hope you can get your husband out too. If your husband has a beard my suspicion is that he he might not be too difficult to get out. It seems like he already has doubts or he wouldn't have one since they are frowned upon.

• humbled
    humbled

Welcome--and YES you will get over the guilt you feel for disobediently reading the lable of the poison they have been spoon-feeding you. Maeve

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

Oogie: welcome to the club. I know what you are going through. I am still working through the guilt.

It helps to know what we are dealing with. I was always told "baby steps".

I thiink once we get away from the regular programming it is easier to think for ourselves.

Missy

• Oogie
    Oogie

Thanks all...I'm having a slight panic attack thinking about all of this. This is awful.

I wish I had seen some of these posts before I told my husband about my thoughts. While he was calm and understanding, he put up the same j-dub wall they all do. For now, around him, I'll put on the 'good j-dub wife' mask...but I can't change what truths I have come to.

Question: when you're being de-programmed, do you have any physical pain in your head?

But, thank you all again for your support. I'll make it through this, I know I will!

• *lost*
    *lost*

oogie - I had and still do have physical pain in the head, and emotional pain in the heart.

The less time you spend with them, and the more you re-learn everything, the easier it gets.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Oogie , welcome to the board.

Dont expect to get over this/your experience with the JW`s any time soon , it takes time.....Depending on how long you have been indoctrinated may very well depend on how long it takes you to finally say " I`m free from this cult " But eventually freedom will come , and you will just see JW`s as another man made american religion ,one of many that sprang up in the 19th century . Think of the "Church Of Jesus Of The Latter Day Saints " "Cristadephians" the various " Adventist "religions , the prominent one that survived " The Seventh Day Advetists" and the "Christian Science" and a lot more minor less known religions that still flourish today. Jehovahs Witnesses are just one of many.

We look forward to hearing more from you. Take care

smiddy

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Even after a few years of knowing it is a cult and false you can expect to have the odd panicky thought that maybe you have been mistaken and they do indeed have the truth after all, .... it will pass and it is the old indocrination kicking in now and again. The religion is based on guilt and fear and those are strong levers of control. Knowledge is the key to breaking them.

• Oogie
    Oogie

Yeah, I guess it makes sense why my husband won't change his mind for now...he was Cat-a-holic, must like the guilt-tripping.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit