A hello!

by Oogie 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Oogie
    Oogie

@red pillar: i don't know what made me do it...just this feeling i'd been having ever since i wasn't able to actually be at the meetings, so i did the research.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Good for you, and believe me it will make life better for your kids. Take your time, do some reading, not just about the wtbts and its doctrines, but also about how to think critically, the characteristics of a cult, how to help people who are still in a cult.

I'm sorry your husband can be a little "rough" verbally. I hope that is something that will improve. It's not good for you and it's not good for your kids.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Hi oogie!! Welcome to the forum!

Take your time, and no matter what, DO NOT tell others the truth about the truth, not even your husband, without running your ideas through here. This is of course, a very strong recommendation. Mind control is extremely powerful, and if you do the exit process wrong, then you will lose the one shot you have to get your loved ones out. Once you are out, it becomes extremely difficult to get them to see TTATT. The best way to help them see it, is to help them to think!! Get them to think, and then you've made them do the first step to getting out...

I wish I had known about this website earlier. I went off and told a few people (perhaps around 5) about TTATT, and then I am now a ticking time bomb, waiting for one of them to hand me over to the elders.

It's been good so far... no problems. But I would recommend reading Steven Hassan's Cult Mind Control books... they not only help you get out, but provide tips on how to get your family out.

PM me if you have more questions!!

Welcome and enjoy this journey!!

ILTTATT

• rebel8
    rebel8

does it ever go away?

It goes away almost entirely with time.

Because I was a child when I was forced to convert to jwism, I personally have the old brainwashing reveal itself sometimes. Just a few moments ago, I was reading a post about a talk that asked, "When Armageddon comes, will Jehovah recognize you if you stay away from him for so long?" It was accompanied by the old Paradise Earth bad art. The combo of the old programming language and bad art...it made me really uncomfortable.

You will get enough distance one day to cope with it as a minor annoyance that happens rarely.

• clarity
    clarity

Oogie ....... great to see more cult victims waking up & smelling

the coffee! A huge welcome to you & hope hubby comes along soon!

>

The part that makes you doubt yourself is the "PROGRAM".

The damn program interferes with the authentic you!

Sometimes you will hear words come out of your mouth that sound just

like the rest of the 7 million zombies......hahah ..like still referring to an

organization as .......... The Truth!

>

Take it slow, armageddon is not coming to get you .... you have a lot of time.

Best of luck!

clarity

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Very Dangerous Cult.

Next!

• mouthy
    mouthy

WELCOME ABOARD.I am the Granny on board was a jW for over 25 years. made 10 people JWS
    I now believe it is worse than Jonestown,& Koresh!!!!

I am glad your THINKING!!! I do hope hubby will think also.

• Mahtaw
    Mahtaw

For me the guilt has lingered. Always paranoid someone is not gonna like something you're doing. Feeling guilt that you've strayed from something that has been engrained in you as the truth since birth. It gets better, slowly. They're very good at the art of mind f***

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Welcome to JWN.

Bangalore

• *lost*
    *lost*

Hi oogie and welcome.

well done.

Put yourself first at all times. Your going to need to be very strong in the times ahead, so use this 'secretive' time to build yourself up.

Try not to over-think, worry or panic about things. It does get easier.

Snare - excellent post btw

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit