A hello!

by Oogie 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Oogie
    Oogie

Hi, I'm newly awakened and just needing reassurance that the WT is indeed a mind-control cult. I have two lovely children (under 5) and a husband who is currently asleep.

• cofty
    cofty

Hi Oogie, welcome to JWN.

It's natural to have doubts about your doubts at first. There is no substitute for good information that will help you to see the WT objectively for what it is.

I would recommend spending some time reading the archive of threads here and also the great articles at JWFacts.com

A look at the long history of failed predictions may help to put things in perspective.

There are many others who have a hubby or wife still in and who will have lots of good advice.

Best wishes, Bill aka Cofty

• Oogie
    Oogie

thanks, cofty. i guess i'm still trying to get over the guilt trip they put on you for even questioning the WT. does it ever go away?

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Welcome Oogie to the forum, glad to have you here with us. Keep researching. Our family is newly out also, after being a JW for my entire life.

This is what made Hubby & I realize that it is a mind-control, information-control cult:

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/cross-or-stake.php

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

Hi Oogie and Welcome

Your suspicions are well founded. I was born in and it took me well into my forties to break the spell as it were.

You will find here a community of thoughtful and caring people who can guide you through to a better place.

My best to you, your little ones and your hubby who will no doubt wake up.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Oh yes, cult cult cult cult. It will go away, usually after you are away from the KH for a few months at least.

Tough situation you are in, how entrenched is hubby? Hopefully not an MS or elder.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Oogie, you will still have nigglin' little doubts that you are doing the right thing for awhile, but after you start researching the WTBT$ history and older literature [available all over the internet] you will realize that it never was God's organization.

You can PM if you want. Just click on my ID, then it will take you to a page with my avatar on it, at the top you will see 'Send Message' click on that and send a private message. When you first click on YOUR messages, you will get an 'Error message' just go back and click on it again and it should come up. Just a little glitch.

• Oogie
    Oogie

no, we listen in by phone for health reasons, he has a beard and the only 'preaching' is with the kids. and tips on helping him out?

• Oogie
    Oogie

my hubby is still very 'in' though... is it normal to feel nauseous when you now see WT literature?

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Welcome Oogie. It took me about a year after being on the site before I could call the Wt. a cult. I was still a elder at the time. Do your research. Read all you can. Think about it. The Wt. may call us Mentally disease people. But what most of us here are ones seeking the truth about the truth. And asking why the Wt. lied to us about many things. I always said if they truly are the truth why are they not a open book and willing to talk about these things. Instead they may give you a back handed answer and if you keep asking they will say you don't believe in the FDS then they DF you. In all my studies of the bible it never teaches that. This is just one example of why many call it a cult. But like I said before you have to do the work and learn this yourself. It's good having you here and good luck in your research. Totally ADD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit