Please help. I am losing the plot.

by wordyword 56 Replies latest jw experiences

• wordyword
    wordyword

Hahaha. Good point. This is the first time I've laughed today! Dont worry, it was just a passing thought. im not really going to Evo Stick the Kingdom hall shutters or buy 10 boxes of locusts from the petshop (we keep lizards as pets) and let them loose on the kingdom hall garden :) My father is very, very entrenched and difficult. He also completely controls my mother. It is the whole "loyalty to organisation = loyalty to God. Have you done your watchtower yet??" If I just called around, out of the blue, he'd just shut the door.

• label licker
    label licker

Be careful that the watchtower isn't sniffing around your parents to see what they can get from them. They pretend to care while money is in their best interest. Hopefully you have other siblings that will help look after them. Really sorry to hear what your going through and wishing you nothing but the best. Take care of yourself and let your parents know that you love them no matter how they treat you. It's not their fault.

• wordyword
    wordyword

Do you know something? Any "normal" person reading this would simpy not believe it! Honestly. I cannot believe it. I have seen so many "experiences" (remember that term - over and over again at assemblies) of people going through very similar situations. But I never in a million years thought that this would ever happen to me.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Wordyword,

Make a deal with your dad, ask him to sit down and go through every single question and issue un your mind. If he manages to do so,say you will return, if not, say then your conscience would not allow it.

the key is to let them tell you to stay away or leave because they cant answer your questions or refuse to discuss them, always show you are open to discuss going back and studying again etc.

snare x

<<<<How about this? Call your local police station, don't bother explaining the whole shunning thing, and tell them that your eighty-something parents have suddenly stopped taking calls and following their normal routines, and you are worried about their state of mind, state of health. Could they please check in on them and make sure they are OK? If something is found like dementia, perhaps you can be named as guardian/trustee. >>>>

Relying on this advice can have some very unhappy consequences for you and your family. If you can afford to, consult an attorney specializing in elder law in your area before taking action of the type suggested above. If you can't afford an attorney, and there are no free legal aid clinics in your area, then get on the internet and learn all you can about "conservatorships of the person," and "conservatorships of the estate" in your state before you take any action that involves the government in your family business.

• wordyword
    wordyword

I did that. He said that these were " apostate questionings". I said "if you don't know law, and you don't know the facts, attack the source!".

His response was that I've drawn away from Jehovah, that his spirit has left me! How?.. Surely when someone is spiritually sick, this is the time when you need all the help you can get! What earthly good will shunning me really do - apart from make me feel VERY VERY ANGRY! ??

• wordyword
    wordyword

(That was a response to snear and racket)

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I assume he is not reasonable enough to discuss what "apostate teachings" mean?

maybe take him the US sec forms showing WT as majority owners of a military company. Ask him to answer this one question.. Just one.

I know it is a short term win, the WT will write saying they were unaware that they owned military company but it will break the down the perfect wall your dad has.

Option B, you can still achieve all of the above with no questions, no US sec files, but just the bible, or the bible and literature.

Dude if this wont work, maybe option C is the only answer, that you cant make someone do something they refuse to, even love.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Our local county has a service for checking on elderly people. You can call and tell them about your concerns. Maybe your country does too. Someone needs to go check on them and if your father would close the door on you, reporting them to the county health services or the police might be the thing to do.

You can tell them your father seems strangely paranoid and you think he is preventing your mother from seeing you. From the point of view of sane people, what he is doing is crazy, regardless of religion.

<<<< Someone needs to go check on them and if your father would close the door on you, reporting them to the county health services or the police might be the thing to do.>>>>

And if you do this, make sure you know what you're getting into. If conservatorship proceedings are commenced by the authorities, it will be an expensive situation, and it may have some very unhappy results for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit