Please help. I am losing the plot.

by wordyword 56 Replies latest jw experiences

• wordyword
    wordyword

After being a witness for 40 years, I now find myself disfellowshipped.

I have had a number of doubts for a few years now, but still feel as if I'm living my life in the "T minus " to Armageddon Spector.

My parents are in their 80's and my dear mother is in very bad health. I was allowed to pop through - about once a month to make sure my parents were ok and for them to see their grandchildren. This all ended after the July Watchtower article and especially since the district convention - with all the "counsel" on associating with disfellowshipped family members.

Around 6 weeks ago, my dad asked me point blank why I wasn't trying to get reinstated. I told him I was concerned about a number of issues (child abuse was one...)

He then asked me point blank "do you accept the teachings of the faithful slave?" I said "I have my doubts". To cut a long story short, he told me to leave and that he never wants to see me again until I return to Jehovah. And he means it.

No phone calls, no emails. Nothing.

This has really caused me some real sleepless nights and an aching heart. I simply can't cope.

I know my mother goes to a hairdressers which is not far from where my local supplier of computer parts is. Something told me to pop in to see her today. She has went there for years and goes the same time every week. Today she wasn't there. I asked where she was and the owner said that she hasn't been for a few weeks, that my father called to cancel her appointment two weeks ago, saying she was too ill to go. The manager looked at me as if I was daft. She naturally presumed I would have known that my mother had taken ill !!

I am really, really struggling to handle this. I would have thought that the "necessary family business" act would have kicked in by now, but I have heard nothing.

This whole situation is starting to really affect my thinking straight. I was at a d.i.y store looking for some superglue. (This is honest) I saw a large tub of "evo stick" - and felt like buying it and POURING IT ALL OVER THE KINGDOM HALL SHUTTERS, FRONT AND BACK.

Any suggestions?

• jgnat
    jgnat

How about this? Call your local police station, don't bother explaining the whole shunning thing, and tell them that your eighty-something parents have suddenly stopped taking calls and following their normal routines, and you are worried about their state of mind, state of health. Could they please check in on them and make sure they are OK?

If something is found like dementia, perhaps you can be named as guardian/trustee.

• wordyword
    wordyword

This situation is really, really making me angry. I cannot accept being "bullied" into going back when I have some serious doubts. I can't rubbish everything the witnesses teach. I can't. But I am not ready to go back yet. But I fear greatly that I am not going to see my mother again, and she was one person who understood the crap I have been through.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

JGNAT-Good Suggestion!

• wordyword
    wordyword

Thanks for your comments jgnat.

• wordyword
    wordyword

You know, they have been attending GATESHEAD CONGREGATION FOR NEARLY 60 YEARS AND HARDLY ANYONE EVER VISITS THEM. I WOULDN'T FEEL SO ANGRY IF I KNEW THEY WERE BEING LOOKED AFTER!!!

• DNCall
    DNCall

I would go to their residence, knock on the door and ask whoever answers about your mother's health. You are not bound Watchtower rules and your father's wishes do not trump his daughter's need to know the condition of her mother.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Tell your dad that if that's the way he wants to be then you can't stop him, but that he will NOT speak for your mother.

This religion is so evil. The more I learn about it I can't believe I was ever part of it.

• WishingLiz
    WishingLiz

This is so sad. I feel for you. I second DNCall, just because they shun you, doesn't mean you have to agree. Go, and at least express your concern and ask if there's anything you can do.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Definitely. I agree with all the above.

Don't worry about thinking of pouring glue all over the KH shutters! Perfectly normal and healthy! But probably best to keep it just as a thought, and set it gently aside. You can do without all the hassle it would bring. Remember, the place will be armed to the teeth with cameras! :)

it is truly a horrible cult. There others. But it's bad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit