Please help. I am losing the plot.

by wordyword 56 Replies latest jw experiences

• blondie
    blondie

So now the elders know that your father has chosen to reject your help to your parent...so are these elders then going to pick up the slack and does your father know and expect that? Or are they going to back off and leave him in a Catch 22 situation? Does your father view these elders and apostate dangers since they are not obeying the GB/FDS?

Is there someone who can keep an eye on them for you and report back and you can help through them?

• jgnat
    jgnat

I am glad you found a way to check on them. The WT's advice, and the extreme way your father is interpreting it, is putting your parents in a dangerous situation.

I like blondie's idea of a neutral third party checking in on your parents once in a while.

When my dad, in his late seventies and in frail health, moved to a small town, I made him promise he would follow some routines; go to the same restaurant on the same day, and so on. That adds people in his life who are watching out for him.

• wordyword
    wordyword

I have found out that my mother is not eating, due to an urine infection. I got my wife to call this morning and he admitted that he is struggling, but coping! I know that 95% of this is my mother being worried sick about "the situation " (me being disfellowshipped) and them wanting to be "obedient to Jehovah".

My wife has tried calling many times before and just gets stone walled "everything is fine..... You see, it's scriptural, your husband knows what he has to do" which just infuriates her.

i do know that the elders know what is going on and they have assured me that this is not balanced behaviour, and they are going to pay them another visit.

I mean, if she is not eating or drinking, she will be dehydrated which will be making the matter worse. I'm going to go through this afternoon regardless. This is beyond the joke!

• wordyword
    wordyword

I do appreciate that members of the congregation cannot just do what they want, and I have made mistakes. But these articles in the watchtower leave no room what so ever for common sence.

• wordyword
    wordyword

It is very sad because I do love my father very much. He is in turmoil over this.

He has always been balanced and this behaviour is totally out of character. It all started after the latest articles about disfellowshiping, which clearly state "not to even send an email!" ... If you can't do that, we'll how can we have you in the house??

BECAUSE MY MOTHER IS DYING AND YOU CAN'T COPE!!!!

• wordyword
    wordyword

AND ALL THE PRAYERS IN THE WORLD WON'T HELP!!!

• franticfran
    franticfran

What a dreadful situation for you,where is the love eh? Can you not ring someone in the congregation that you know is sensible and get them to talk to your Dad,that poor old couple must be in such a state,realy sorry for you love,what about the grankids? can they not cross the bridge? realy feel for you mate,it makes one not want to be part of such an organisation, Keep us updated we cant do much love,but were all here.x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit