Were Any of You Part of the L.A. JW Party Scene in the Late 60s/Early 70s?

by DNCall 53 Replies latest jw friends

• jam
    jam

Here in the LA area 90-95% of the Brothers (Blacks) came in the borg in

the 60,s and 70,s. Unlike our kids who was raised in the cult, we still

had some bad habits to overcome. LOL

But the WT nipped that in the bud. No more beach parties, no house

parties, no sports events between congregations, just focus on the

preaching work. Too much foolishness among the brothers in the

L.A. area.

Those was the days.

• DNCall
    DNCall

Jam & Eyeuse2b: I went to 'em all: Hollywood Hills, East L.A. (those were generally the best), Orange County, SF Valley, etc., etc. I'm sure I knew the group from Santa Monica although I stayed away from horses. If either of you would pm me, I'd like to see if I remember you.

Coffee: I knew Jack. Really good musician.

GMA: Re your husband; I might remember him. Can you pm me with his name?

Besty & Oub: You're both too young to know what I'm talking about (and too innocent).

F.

• Farkel
    Farkel

In the late 1960's I lived in the Los Angeles area (very close to Downey by the way). In the early 1970's, I lived in San Diego. I was a loyal, faithful (and ridiculously stupid) pioneer.

I never had that much fun then, but in a few years, I had more fun than any dub has had in an entire lifetime.

I regret nothing about all that fun. I rue the years I sold Watchtower horsehit books and magazines.

Farkel

• designs
    designs

60s and 70s LA Parties !!! Woohoooo!! Like Lois said they were FUN. You could hit parties and wedding receptions from Santa Barbara to Orange County and east to San Bernardino just about every weekend.

Redeye had a special meaning.

• Glander
    Glander

I remember the late 50's early 60's in the valley. Lots of parties.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

What's a party? It was all old people where I was at back then. There idea of a party was a coffee break during field service. LOL Totally ADD

• Dagney
    Dagney

My brother did the party scene in the late 50's early 60's, they had fun.

About 1972-73 was the start for me. Lots of weddings I remember, and it was open to everyone back then. I had a different group mid to late 70's, not too wild, but lots of dancing and camping and fun.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

DNCall: Besty & Oub: You're both too young to know what I'm talking about (and too innocent).

Too young, yes. Too innocent, no. Proving you don't really know me at all!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I lived in Ventura (just north of LA). We had nothing like that, but it we did have some parties. When I moved up to Northern California, that was the end of my social life, it was a different culture up there.

• Dagney
    Dagney

LisaRose, I was in Oxnard as a teen, before leaving to needgreat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit