Premarital sex--how prevalent?

by wafflesandpancakes 54 Replies latest social relationships

• Comatose
    Comatose

Vidiot - Jeffro was just quoting the bible. It says that! If you rape a girl, pay her dad 250$ in modern money and she is your wife now. That's crazy but real.

Poor girl. Worth $250... And married to her rapist.

• ILTSF
    ILTSF

I think sex was pretty common among teenagers, and I'm sure among older people, too. I had sex as a JW teenager, and I'd say about 75% of the teens I knew (at least) also did.

• HowTheBibleWasInvented
    HowTheBibleWasInvented

First somethng needs to be said:

NO ONE HAS AUTHORITY OVER YOUR SEX LIFE...other then your mate... not the elders...not the Shashu god (jehovah)

In the USA/Canada sex-life is free. By law!

F(((( the governign body and Paul in 1 thes. 4... he was a widower...

• mP
    mP

its amazing how many beliefs are founded on just a few words within a single scripture.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Like sharia law.

• committeechairman
    committeechairman

I'm pretty sure that there is much more sexual activity that is considered unscriptural going on in the congregations than the bodies of elders are aware of. It probably varies from congregation to congregation but especially among single, young folks I'm sure that some engage in sex outside marriage and then just don't reveal that this occurred even if they continue to be active Jehovah's Witnesses and eventually are given special privileges. Cases like this come up occasionally where the elders are approached by someone with special privileges who has been serving for a decade or more but who committed fornication when young.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

I wonder how it compares to post-marital sex?

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

Most unmarried couples I knew did pretty much everything except have traditional intercourse.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Of course it is no more prevalent than masturbation -

And the Society knows that NOBODY does this at all very often: then they go to the elduhs who say God will forgive them, as long as they were not looking at boobie mags at the time or indulging in depraved fantasies.

Unlawful sex and masturbation are now both DF offences, so people keep their mouth SHUT.

• 5go
    5go

Hamster I agree I dare put it at 90% of dubs have premarial or out of marriage sex at some point. The sad suckers like me are the ones that suffer into their thirties are few and far between. In fact I can bet that no one in the hall believes me when I say I haven't had sex and I wouldn't blame them because so few really obey the edict.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit