So What Do You Think: Are JWs The WORST Religion One Could Be In?

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Be realistic.

• cantleave
    cantleave

No!

• Laika
    Laika

No, it could be worse, we could have been scientologists... Or Brahma Kumaris

• adamah
    adamah

OF course not. They could be Jim Jones cult members, or Scientologists, etc.

But what's the point in asking? Is this actually an appeal of claiming, "But they're BAD, too, even worse! Hence JWs are justified?"

Nope: wrong is wrong, even if someone else is doing far worse.

That's like justifying Khmer Rouge's genocide by saying they killed less than the other prior genocidal campaigns.

Adam

• bigmac
    bigmac

they are all worst

• jgnat
    jgnat

When I was a battered wife, I looked at the domestic violence posters at the time and said to myself, "That's not me. I don't have a black eye or broken bones." Nope, all my bruises were hidden under clothing.

Not being the worst is not a great endorsement of the WTS either, is it?

• Bella15
    Bella15

No. You could be an extremist islamic - the ones that go "POP"

• minimus
    minimus

I'm not fond of any religion, really. And, the Witnesses allow their families to die , turn their families against any who dissent....and the list is pretty long on negatives.

But I think being an Islamic fundy is even worse!

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

While there are minority sects and cults that are clearly worse and extremist ends of Islam that are worse (but the Jihadists are not truly Muslims as their actions renounce some fundamental Islamic principles), as far as established religion goes, and given the number of adherrents and the size of the organisation it fits that bill and was included in a US study of established religions, on some measures it is the worst. That US study found that it had the least educated lowest income believers of any established religion and the greatest level of intolerance of other religions. Even the Mormons fared better.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Comparing JW`s to other religions doesn`t make it any better..

JW`s do it all the time to take the spotlight off of WBT$ Corruption..

Sure we have a WBT$ JW Pedophile Problem..

But..

What about the Catholics?!!..

..........................  photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit