Beroean Pickets

by joe134cd 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• millie210
    millie210

Just enjoyed reading the article on Jacksons testimony that was at this site.

I think this site is evolving. Not so much neutral due mainly to the consistent and blatant actions of the Org.

It cant be helped can it? The more you look at JWs the more you want to distance yourself from them and point out the irregularities and falsities.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

A good group and one that I agree, could be one of those sites that the org should be concerned about. They are pretty meticulous about getting to the facts or researching points that many of us have lived with and accepted.

I have watched it grow away from the official doctrines over time. They well mannered and have a font of knowledge between them...One of the writers is Alex Rover.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    I've really been helped by that site over the months of breaking free from JW's. However, the new direction where they're trying to get money to translate things into different languages and they want to break free from employment so as to create videos and do other things sounds a lot like a site jumping the shark, so to speak. It sounds like he's trying to form his own religion of sorts, and I just can't support that. I'll still read, and I may not always agree, but I find what is written there pretty balanced. A lot of people disagree with the new path though, so at least I'm not alone there.
  • millie210
    millie210

That is interesting umbertoecho. Like I mentioned above, I really enjoyed his review of Jacksons testimony, It helped me line up the points in my mind and it was covered in a very clear way.

The site is still neutral enough that I am hoping to point some still ins but growing alarmed friends to it.

I can see that it is evolving dubstepped. I see that in myself too. I am becoming more outspoken about the Org and feel zero loyalty. When I look back, I see the path between where I started and where I am currently standing. has grown very long.

The difference for me, is I feel no need to start a religion or be an activist in that sense. I understand the compulsion though.

• cha ching
    cha ching

I think that they are analyzing what Lett said in his video... My sister and I were doing the numbers just a few days ago, and this is pretty interesting:

To deepen his appeal for more money, Brother Lett continues:

“For one thing, the financial needs in the field have accelerated at a pace unlike any time in the recent past.”

Why have these needs accelerated at such an unprecedented rate? Is it because of unprecedented growth? Let’s see. He continues: “A recent analysis of the needs for kingdom halls here in the United States showed that 1600 new kingdom halls or major renovations are needed, not sometime in the future, but right now.”

And worldwide we are in need of more than 14,000 places of worship not including ongoing future growth”

Last year there was a 1% growth rate in the United States. According to the 2015 Yearbook, the number of Jehovah’s Witnesses in the U.S. increased by 18,875. If we assume an average congregation size of 70 publishers, that represents just 270 congregations. Since most halls are used to house multiple congregations, this represents conservatively a need because of growth for 135 additional kingdom halls assuming that none of the existing halls has room for these new congregations. Yet we are told that there is a desperate need for many times that number. Why?

Worldwide the need is for 14,000 halls according to Lett. That would be enough for 30,000 congregations. Yet, according to the 2015 Yearbook, the total number of congregations grew last year by only 1,593.

Even if we allow for one hall for every congregation, that still leaves us to explain why an additional 12,500 kingdom halls are urgently needed.

If they are asking us for money, they really need to explain why this sudden expansion is needed at a time when the worldwide growth is slowing down based on the organization’s own statistics.

This reminds me when my husband and I looked at each other during the Circuit Assembly when they said "We are starting out $5,000 in the hole.... we need more $$" then at the end of the assembly, they say they have four, five, six thounsand dollars, and does everyone want to send it to Mother, New York? Yes, they do. They do that every single time. If they "saved" that money, they wouldn't need more... However, in reality, they never were "down by $5,000" they JUST say it....

• Island Man
    Island Man

Initially he was pro-JW but awake to the shortcomings of the organization and its teachings and not afraid to point them out. He considered the Governing Body as being perhaps honest-hearted but wrong, while still believing that JWs are Jehovah's people.

Over time he has come to the conclusion that the Governing Body are deliberately misleading JWs. He now does not think it necessary to be part of the JW organization and thinks true christians are not limited to the JW group and any one group.

• AlexRover
    AlexRover

Hi, I'm Alex Rover, one of the guest writers on Beroean Pickets. Ask me anything you want, and so long it doesn't compromise anyone's anonymity I will answer to my best ability.

• Half banana
    Half banana
    Hello Alex, without the slightest need to expose your identity, I'm sure I speak for others in asking you for an overview to start with, and then three further questions: just where BP stands in relation to the Bible and how it views the old org and where it sees itself going?
  • AlexRover
    AlexRover

Hi Half banana, thank you for your consideration and questions.

BP sees Scripture as God's inspired word, which, along with the book of nature as inspired creation, teach us all what we need to know for salvation.

We recognize there is no true one religion on earth, observing that the sheep will remain scattered until Christ himself gathers them at his future return.

Thus we see all religions, including JW, as one and the same - mere structures created by people (however sincere or insincere) - but not truly speaking or acting on God's behalf.

That leaves us with the question .. what about ourselves? We think it's best to just call ourselves Christian, and leave judgment of individuals to Christ.

Despite this, we recognize our own need for good association and we try to share the plain and simple Good News of Christ. This is becoming increasingly difficult for us in the congregations of JW.ORG.

The very challenging line we are trying to navigate is how do we avoid becoming what appears like a religion, while at the same time conduct our Bible-mandated ministry to make disciples of Christ? We need to remain ever vigilant, and ready to reject anything that goes against our Bible-trained conscience, but with a humble Beroean attitude of seeking truth.

I've observed that throughout history, the Devil has managed to corrupt even the groups with the best intentions. Thus we would fool ourselves to think that we would be somehow special and protected from his influence.

So I see it as a generational effort. When in years, perhaps after my death, our well-intended efforts of today become corrupted, then hopefully a new generation stands up and chooses to follow Christ more than men.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Although I don't believe a word of the bible I have visited this site several times. These gentlemen/ladies (not sure what they are and it doesn't matter) really know their scripture and are practically experts on the JW doctrine. Since atheism is rarely a good means of encouraging JW's to examine their faith in the Org, I think this site is an excellent vehicle for this purpose. In fact they are so good at using scripture and the Org's own doctrine to point out fatal flaws I can see why the Org is so concerned with the Beroean site. It's a classic case of fighting fire with fire. I support anything that threatens to undermine the Org's authority.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit