Interview of a sister - Friday morning at the District Convention

by Red Piller 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• minimus
    minimus

such staged bullshit!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I read this earlier and was thinking of how to comment.

Minimus already said it perfectly.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

{Yup, pretty much the same interview happened at my DC as well. The person sitting next to me leaned over and mumbled under their breath: "What is this, the 3rd assembly in a row where they've trotted someone out to state they finally understand the overlapping generation?}

Now what gets me wondering is how they can get people with the same type of experience about not understanding the the generation flip flop at 3 different Conventions.

Does the brother doing the part cue the person in on what to say? Does he go around asking people if they had any problem with the current generations explanation? Are these all scripted experiences?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

frankiespeakin: Now what gets me wondering is how they can get people with the same type of experience about not understanding the the generation flip flop at 3 different Conventions.

I think you know the answer: It's scripted!

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Today I came from talking to my 74 year old dad. HE lashed out about me not believing in the "faithful slave" because of all the changes. He said that he does not remember any:

Transplants : never heard about the change

Smoking: Never heard about it

Blood changes: a provision from Jehovah

1975 : the slave never said it - just the brothers

Generation change: Never happened / he can't remember

Then I quickly found the page here that shows the flip flop on Sodom and Gomorrah, he said it is all just new light and that things change.

I have no idea how they can all remember new light and to blame the flock but the can never remember the tom-foolery that is giving to them on a regular basis

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

It really is weird to discover that those still in either:

1. Can't even remember changes, or they
    2. Blame the R&F, never the leadership (this is really accepting blame for something someone else did wrong), or
    3. Rationalize it as "New Light"

The lack of self-awareness and delusional thinking is really pretty scary. And they ALWAYS blame us for pointing out any errors, inconsistencies or lies: WE are the ones with the problem; it's NEVER the precious "Faithful and Discreet Slave." And even if they did make a mistake (which they didn't) we are wrong to point it out.

Never mind that the leaders of the WTBTS were wrong about their own alleged prophetic identity for nearly 100 years!!!

It's curious, the "heroes" of the Bible were Jesus, the prophets and people like them. What they all had in common was pointing out error and hypocrisy in the leaders of their own particular day. Ironically, we're told to admire them, but if we do what they did then we'll be disfellowshipped for apostasy.

All of this is just proof that JWs are a high-control, manipulative, authoritarian cult.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

"Never mind that the leaders of the WTBTS were wrong about their own alleged prophetic identity for nearly 100 years!!!"

Mentioning this however only gets them deeper rooted in their love for this "faithful slave"

If he would have said "Faithful Slave" or "the organization god is using" one more time I may have hit him

• Watkins
  • wasblind
    wasblind

Data-dog, Why that is clearly just one overlapping generation. Anyone can see that! _____Oubliette

That's rights Oubliette Overlappin' generation is in the bible..........Somewhere

cuz jehovah witnesses claim they don't teach nothin' that ain't in the bible

as in " make stuff up "

• GromitSK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit