Interview of a sister - Friday morning at the District Convention

by Red Piller 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Red Piller
    Red Piller

From my memory and shortened for highlights [My comments in brackets. I found the whole interview astonishing]:

"Sister X-, you've been a baptized servant of Jehovah since 1972.
    You must have seen a lot since that time"

Yes, Brother I've seen the organization grow

"During all these years, Have there been any adjustments in understanding that stood out in your mind?"

Yes, brother, the illustration of the mustard seed. [Really? This is what stands out since 1972, onward?]

"What about it?"

Well, it used to be that birds in the illustration were wicked members of Christendom. But, the new understanding was that the birds were Christ's annointed followers [not sure I remember this exactly]. This was a much more positive understanding and I liked it hearing about it. And I liked birds. [audience chuckles]

"Were there ever times you didn't understand something and later it became clearer?"

Yes, I never grasped the understanding of the generation That changed with the April 15,2010 Watchtower. The WT explained that it "meant that the lives of the anointed who were on hand when the sign began to become evident in 1914 would overlap with the lives of other anointed ones who would see the start of the great tribulation"
    [She quotes verbatim]

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Look into my eyes, not around my eyes.. You're under. (Courtesy of Little Britain).

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

What a revolting load of propagandashe quotes verbatim because she hasn't a clue what the WBT$ is on about.

Here's what I'd like to have heard:

"Sister X-, you've been a baptized servant of Jehovah since 1972.
    You must have seen a lot since that time"

Yes, I saw Armageddon™ arrive invisibly in 1975

"During all these years, Have there been any adjustments in understanding that stood out in your mind?"

No. Not that I’ve noticed. But then I wouldn’t I just go along with shizzle. I seem to remember something about toes….or was it overlapping?

"What about it?"

I gots a uvinersity hedumacation from reading the Awake! ® rag.

"Were there ever times you didn't understand something and later it became clearer?"

Yes. I am a vile sinner that needs to do more. It became clearer more recently because I feel even more of a scuzzbag than ever. It’s clear that I should kill apostates™………CRUSH, KILL, DESTROY, CRUSH, KILL, DESTROY, CRUSH, KILL, DESTROY, CRUSH, KILL, DESTROY, CRUSH, KILL, DESTROY, CRUSH, KILL, DESTROY, CRUSH, KILL, DESTROY, CRUSH, KILL, DESTROY, CRUSH, KILL, DESTROY, CRUSH, KILL, DESTROY, CRUSH, KILL, DESTROY, CRUSH, KILL, DESTROY, CRUSH, KILL, DESTROY,

• Ding
    Ding

Why would they ask JWs their opinions about previous "adjustments in understanding"?

Very dangerous... sounds like apostate thinking.

The GB wants JWs to develop the attitude, "Isn't that what they've always taught?" and "Isn't it wonderful of Jehovah to give us new light through the slave?" Contradictory thoughts, of course, but that's par for the course for an organization whose spirit-directed leaders speak for Jehovah and must be obeyed even though they are humble men who don't claim to be infallible or inspired.

• pixel
    pixel

"...it used to be that birds in the illustration were wicked members of Christendom. But, the new understanding was that the birds were Christ's annointed followers..."

That's a 180 degree turn. Like the way the WT/GB/FDS has us used to. Can anybody confirm this teaching? I dont remember.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

Yup, pretty much the same interview happened at my DC as well. The person sitting next to me leaned over and mumbled under their breath: "What is this, the 3rd assembly in a row where they've trotted someone out to state they finally understand the overlapping generation? Maybe they wouldn't have to keep doing this if it actually made sense."

I just gave them a sympathetic "I know, but what can you do" look.

R_O

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Well, it used to be that birds in the illustration were wicked members of Christendom.

But then.. Now I understand the..

Jehovah BBQ`d them.. Generation Change.

photo appl.gif

.............................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• sir82
    sir82
    "What is this, the 3rd assembly in a row where they've trotted someone out to state they finally understand the overlapping generation? Maybe they wouldn't have to keep doing this if it actually made sense."

Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it.

Adolf Hitler
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Of course she quoted the "adjustment in understanding" concerning the "Overlapping Generation" verbatim.

It's so confusing and silly that if anyone tried to explain it in their own words they'd just screw it up and make more people confused!

• tiki
    tiki

Outlaw - that is HILARIOUS! gotta love those chicken legs..............haaaaaaaa clap clap clap

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit