Interview of a sister - Friday morning at the District Convention

by Red Piller 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tiki
    tiki

Outlaw - that is HILARIOUS! gotta love those chicken legs..............haaaaaaaa clap clap clap

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

How many generations?

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

I wish someone would make their exit by getting a part on the convention and then when they have the microphone say something like "I'm sorry, I keep forgetting what you all asked me to say,.. its so hard to remember what you asked me to say, please forgive me."

Or start explaing the Generation doctrine, as it was back in time around 1930s, then apologize for saying "Im so sorry, I forget that the definition of that word has changed again, it's so confusing,.. please forgive me for asking this again but what was the reason that Jesus did not just say "generations" with an S if that is what he meant to say?

SD

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Data-dog, Why that is clearly just one overlapping generation. Anyone can see that!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Expect more clarifying information on the overlapping generations in upcomming articles, as it seems the GB is aware that many are confused over this new generations time frame.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it.

Adolf Hitler

"...make it simple..." That's where they went wrong. "Overlapping generations" isn't simple; it defies logic and common sense.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

frankiespeakin: Expect more clarifying information on the overlapping generations in upcomming articles, as it seems the GB is aware that many are confused over this new generations time frame.

Of course they're "confused!" It makes no sense.

It cannot be supported in any way shape or form. It's linguistically absurd. There's not scriptural precedent. No one uses the term "generation" this way in everyday language.

The ONLY support for this ridiculous idea is the use of the word "evidently" when it was trotted out for R&F consumption:

"He [Jesus] evidently meant that the lives of the anointed who were on hand when the sign began to become evident in 1914 would overlap with the lives of other anointed ones who would see the start of the great tribulation." - Watchtower 2010 April 15 p.10

It is quite notable however that no actual EVIDENCE is provided. It is simply an unfounded assertion that the R&F JWs are expected to swallow without blinking.

How can the GB "clarify" such an obtuse and opaque concept? It's not possible. This is why the resort to bland repetition like some sort of a mantra.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Man, it makes me feel old !

If I were there and still in I could have given that "old-timer" around 14 years before she was baptized . She is a relative newbie! I know a lot around here whose service goes way back further. Perhaps was the one who would say the right things, even if it is comical

During all these years, Have there been any adjustments in understanding that stood out in your mind?" I'll bet she wanted to say

" In 1972 we were so high on the expectation that Armageddon would be over by 1975, we would never have considered that we would be here today. But we know now that Adam must have spent at least nearly 40 years without Eve ! and the brothers forgot to allow for that.

We changed the generation teaching several times, what is it now please?

We used to say that 1935 was the end of the call to the anointed, but there are so many new ones among them that it could not be

And the judging of sheep and goats, and who are the F & D Slave now ? "

Interviewer wraps it up quickly !

• Bella15
    Bella15

LOL ...

• BU2B
    BU2B

The evidence to them in evidently means that that must be the answer because the end hasnt come yet. They want to keep up the scare tactics and create a sense of urgency though so they could not leave it open like the 1995 explanation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit