Need article about looking to the slave rather than Christ for salvation

by Bonnie_Clyde 32 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
    wasblind

" Jesus said that he would have on earth a " faithful and discreet slave" ( his anointed followers viewed as a group ) through which agency he would provide spiritual food to those making up the household of faith. Jehovah's Witnesses recognize that arrangement. As was true of first century christians, They look to the governing body of that "slave" class to resolve difficult questions___Not on the basis of human wisdom, but by drawing on thier knowledge of God's word and his dealing with his servants, and with the help of God's spirit, for which they earnestly pray."___Reasoning book page 205

Jesus has clearly been eliminated. Jehovah's witnesses look to the governing body who claim :

" Thus what is taught is not from men but from Jehovah"____Sept 15, 2010 Watchtower para 8 pg 13

• vangogh
    vangogh

yes wasblind, Jesus has been eliminated and the GB are in fact deifying themselves. Just wonder what the future holds now for the jw themselves. scary thought.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

This was up for a month but I never noticed it.

Wow. Great information. Thanks!

LoisLane

PS... I have a hard time saying Brooklyn. It comes out Crooklyn. I wonder why? lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit