Need article about looking to the slave rather than Christ for salvation

by Bonnie_Clyde 32 Replies latest jw friends

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

If I, Thomas Covenant, wrote,

''We need to obey Thomas Covenant to have God's approval''

isn't it the same as ''You need to obey me to have God's approval''?

• Heartofaboy
  • AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    isn't it the same as ''You need to obey me to have God's approval''?

Q: what's the difference between Jehovah and the governing body?

A: Jehovah knows he's not the governing body.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Man oh Man AndDontcallmeshirley, that DT find is the nail in the coffin. In the past when you tell a dub that christ didn't die for you and you have no messiah they disagree. They always argue that somehow not being in the new covenant is not the same as Jesus not dieing for us. (how stupid) but that text kills their defence shows plainly that the GB have denied the rank and file the messiah. Thanks!!!!!!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Abraham came to be "Jehovah's friend"-and that before the ransom sacrifice was offered.

Isa. 41:8) What, then, about true Christians who hope to live in the restored earthly Paradise? These have not received "the free gift of righteousness" with heavenly life in view "through the release by the ransom paid by Christ Jesus." (Rom. 3:24; 5:15, 17) Nevertheless, they exercise deep faith in God and his provisions, and they manifest their faith by good works. One such work is that of "preaching the kingdom of God . . . and teaching the things concerning the Lord Jesus Christ." (Acts 28:31) Thus, Jehovah can view these as righteous in the sense that he did Abraham.The gift such ones receive-friendship with God-differs from "the free gift" the anointed receive. Yet, it certainly is a gift that they accept with deep gratitude. w11--

WOW.... I don't read the daily text anymore, that blows my mind..

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

It's no wonder back in the old days the Jonadabs could not get baptised and even attend the memorial celebration. I guess alowing the rank and file to get baptised is just the GB's way of throwing them a bone.

• mP
    mP

blondie:

Few Christians today would insist on observing some aspect of the Mosaic Law in order to obtain salvation. Paul’s inspired words to the Ephesians are perfectly clear

mP;

Butg but but Jesus said the law of Moses was perfect and will last forever unchanged in Mat 5:18.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

marked

• Zoos
    Zoos

marked

• vangogh
    vangogh

it would be good for anybody to have something in print from the society that is worded by them clearly stating that they are themselves the only mediator to show to anybody then show them and preferably get them to read out aloud 1st Timothy 2:5,6. There cant be a scripture more clear as to who the one and only mediator is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit