Need article about looking to the slave rather than Christ for salvation

by Bonnie_Clyde 32 Replies latest jw friends

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Don't forget the eight members of the governing body are talking to the rest of the witnesses. Ditch the 3rd person shite.

The Watchtower of July 15, 2013 said "It is vital that you recognize us. Your spiritual health and your relationship with God depend on this channel." (page 20)"

" You need to obey us to have Jehovah's approval." Watchtower 2011 Jul 15 p.24 Simplified English Edition

"The anointed and their other sheep companions recognize that by following our lead, they are in fact following their Leader, Christ." Watchtower 2010 Sep 15 p.23

"It is vital that you appreciate this fact and respond to our directions as you would to the voice of God, because it is His provision." Watchtower 1957 Jun 15 p.370

"By submitting to us , you also show your subjection to the Master, Jesus Christ."(w02 10/1 p. 19)

Therefore, when you loyally submit to our direction , you are submitting to Christ, the slave's Master. - (W 4-1-2007, p.24. par.12)

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

@ THOMASCOVENANT

"You need to obey us to have Jehovah's approval." Watchtower 2011 Jul 15 p.24 Simplified English Edition

I've just downloaded this WT but can't find this wording on p.24. Did you cite the wrong page number?

I'd really like to keep this for future use.

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

Boy they are nuts!!!!

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

The Searcher,

It's the correct one, the Simplified English Edition. Its a subheading, the actual quote is,

''We need to obey the faithful and discreet slave to have Jehovah's approval''

But bearing in mind it's the faithful and discreet slave, the governing body, who are saying this to the flock

I've made it into an Even More Simpified English E dition.

''You need to obey us to have Jehovah's approval''.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

The Searcher:

I've just downloaded this WT but can't find this wording on p.24

"We need to obey the faithful and discreet slave to have Jehovah’s approval" (W 7-15-13, p.24, simplified version)

It's the highlighted box on the upper left hand column, p.24

Also on page 21 of the same issue:

17 But we are acting against Jehovah’s purpose if we do not obey the faithful and discreet slave

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Thanks for the clarification. I was really hoping that is was worded the way you'd elucidated it!

• trujw
    trujw

Dam I missed the spaceship when I didn't join the heavens gate cult praise jc. I can still worship the gb cause we must obey god as ruler rather than men or ahh scratch that seven billion people minus 8. All hail the gb, all hail the gb!! They are so humble if only you haughty puffed up with pride arrogant people who are always running away from the truth could not be so independent. Soon very soon the overlapping generation will be in paradise. But first we will build a super compound in upper state New York cause you know the end is so close at the doors.

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

Marked for the reference sources. I am prepairing to do my apostate video, and this is good material to use.

• blondie
    blondie

*** w11 7/15 p. 28 pars. 16-17 God’s Rest—What Is It? ***

Few Christians today would insist on observing some aspect of the Mosaic Law in order to obtain salvation. Paul’s inspired words to the Ephesians are perfectly clear: “By this undeserved kindness, indeed, you have been saved through faith; and this not owing to you, it is God’s gift. No, it is not owing to works, in order that no man should have ground for boasting.” (Eph. 2:8, 9) What, then, does it mean for Christians to enter into God’s rest? Jehovah set aside the seventh day—his rest day—in order to bring his purpose respecting the earth to a glorious fulfillment. We can enter into Jehovah’s rest—or join him in his rest—by obediently working in harmony with his advancing purpose as it is revealed to us through his organization.

17 On the other hand, if we minimized the Bible-based counsel that we receive through the faithful and discreet slave class, choosing to follow an independent course, we would be placing ourselves at odds with God’s unfolding purpose. This could endanger our peaceful relationship with Jehovah. In the next article, we will consider a few common situations that can affect God’s people and discuss how the decisions we make, whether to obey or to take an independent course, can determine if we have truly entered into God

---

*** w93 9/15 p. 22 They Compassionately Shepherd the Little Sheep ***

But if we were to draw away from Jehovah’s organization, there would be no place else to go for salvation and true joy. (Compare John 6:66-69.)

---

*** w81 11/15 p. 21 par. 18 ‘Stay Awake and Keep Your Senses’ ***

We can expect a similar expansion of our preaching activity now, at this climax of the ages. No doubt, before the “great tribulation” is finished, we will see the greatest witness to God’s name and kingdom in the history of this world. And while now the witness yet includes the invitation to come to Jehovah’s organization for salvation, the time no doubt will come when the message takes on a harder tone, like a “great war cry.”

*** w61 11/15 p. 692 par. 16 Publishing the “Word of Life” in a Dying World ***

Remember also the Bible-reading Jews in Beroea in Macedonia. They heard the Law and the Prophets read in their synagogues and also studied these Scriptures privately, but never understood. Then along came the apostle Paul and he went into their synagogue. What he told them was new and different to them. But they were noble-minded about the matter. In what way? “They received the word with the greatest eagerness of mind, carefully examining the Scriptures daily as to whether these things were so. Therefore many of them became believers, and so did not a few of the reputable Greek women and of the men.” (Acts 17:10-12) To understand the Bible for their salvation they had to have it explained through God’s organization.

• LogCon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit