Ouija Board!!!

by XPeterX 92 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

All this hearsay is once again typical nonsense which sensationalizes this children's toy/game, for who and what

is moving the planchette are the people who have their fingers on.

The planchette is being moved to already preconceived answers.

Since children have immature intellects they assume that spirits have moved the object.

The game therefore is created.

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

@Jeffro

People being 'all good' or 'all bad' probably wasn't the best way to put that, but for those that section life off into "good" and "bad" categories it was an easy reference to make. As I commented earlier, I honestly believe the energy of the room and the people in it is a more accurate driving force in this (what I consider) fun.

And you are correct. No one person is actually all good as 'good' is subjective, like "evil" or "immoral". What is a good person in one group can be bad for another. Hell, even Superman is all good, but bad for criminals. It's a generalized term used to describe a perspective based off where a person is standing, not a meaningful description of events, people, or 'spirits' as they are. I get that.

In each of us there is a 'good' and 'bad' scale, individualized and completely unique to our own being. And even with that, we all have to admit that we don't live up to our own version of "good" all the time... whatever that "good" may be... lol.

Being immoral, insane, retaliatory, etc. are all reasons why a person would be considered "bad", adjectives to the motivation. BUT you are completely right, they way I presented it made it seem like an askew oversimplification of something that doesn't actually exist. For ones who believe in angels and demons I thought it was a digestible construct for the point I was trying to make. Sorry for that. But you are correct in calling me out on the oversimplification. Apologies,

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

BackseatDevil:

People being 'all good' or 'all bad' probably wasn't the best way to put that, but for those that section life off into "good" and "bad" categories it was an easy reference to make.
    Being immoral, insane, retaliatory, etc. are all reasons why a person would be considered "bad", adjectives to the motivation. BUT you are completely right, they way I presented it made it seem like an askew oversimplification of something that doesn't actually exist. For ones who believe in angels and demons I thought it was a digestible construct for the point I was trying to make. Sorry for that. But you are correct in calling me out on the oversimplification. Apologies,

I see. No need to apologise.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Finkelstien:

All this hearsay is once again typical nonsense which sensationalizes this children's toy/game, for who and what is moving the planchette are the people who have their fingers on.

Since the ideomotor effect is a completely explained phenomenon, this is why such stories (usually as retold by 'a friend') are often embellished with additional dramatic fanciful details about 'the board flying off the table' or 'a person being thrown from their chair' and so forth.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Human emotions are connected to suggestive thought, creating various results .

So when the planchette spells out the correct answer toward the purposed question, aha, a spirit has moved the object.

Blindfold the person who puts their hand on the planchette, then ask similar questions, the results are always nonsensical gibberish.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

I can understand why some people might not believe in spirits, but sitting back and spouting off that it’s all nonsense doesn’t impart any practical knowledge to anyone. I believe in spirits of both types, good and evil, and the author of one near death book I just read states that no one is ever really alone. There are both good and evil spirits around you all the time. Neither one can exert force, but they can influence, and the power they have is the power you give them.

According to the author, there are two types of evil spirits—those who followed Satan before the foundation of the world and those who have lived wicked lives in this world and try to live vicariously through the living. He said the two types are after two different things and rarely, if ever, have anything to say to one another. I’ve also suspected that some evil spirits are more evil and determined than others. In other words, some actively work to derail the righteous and others just don’t care, preferring to be left alone.

If Christians are correct, then most people will go their entire lives without ever seeing a good or evil spirit. Non-believers, on the other hand, will continue to dismiss it all as delusion. I do find it fascinating, however, that so many NDEs have so much in common, regardless of religious backgrounds.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

the author of one near death book I just read states that no one is ever really alone.

Reading words out of book is as equal as listening to someone talk face to face.

There are many circumstances of people expressing an ideology that spirits exist (ie. spiritualism),

mind they have no practical physical proof to back their statements, well at least until a scientific method is applied.

From the most ancient civilizations and tribal groups to the many civilizations in are modern world, there hasn't

been one instance in human history of physical evidence of a spiritual identity.

That being the case the odds are not in favor of there every one to appear.

And no, mythological stories are not proof.

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

I'm a skeptic myself, but every pagan I've ever met has told me to stay away from those things, that they're dangerous. And apparently, whatever you do, don't burn it; it allows whatever was controlling it into our world.

Pure nonsense. Devils and demons only exist as created by man, just like man's gods.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Cold Steel:

the author of one near death book I just read states that no one is ever really alone

How does he go on to prove that? I hope you didn't pay for that book.

I do find it fascinating, however, that so many NDEs have so much in common, regardless of religious backgrounds.

That's because all humans have similar brain chemistry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit