Fading fast children are starting to ask questions, need help.

by Crazyguy 28 Replies latest jw friends

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

I would say, " You know, sometimes I just feel like not going, Do you ever feel like that?"

I agree with the others, whatever you say you have to be honest, they have had enough lies .....we all have.

tt

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

When our 6 year old granddaughter asks us why we don't go to the meetings, we tell her we graduated.

• LogCon
    LogCon

villagegirl

"I am the head of the house."

And after that tell her you want sex tonight. That will go as far as your 'I am the head of the house" lecture.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Great suggestions everybody, thanks this is new territory for me and i want to come off as loving as possible and village girl I have no problem with being head of my house i just want to be diplomatic before i use that card and i always demand sex after putting her in her place, lol. Thanks again.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I need to relax after working hard all week, so I'm going to the ballgame. Jehovah teaches us to have balance and refresh ourselves when we're tired.

I need to sleep in because I'm overtired.

I need to visit granny, mow the lawn, pay the bills, fix the sink, and trim the bushes, and today's the only time I have left to do it after working all week.

You get the idea. Instead of saying the negative against the meetings, say what you're doing instead.

• Perry
    Perry

I would eventually tell my children when I joined this church no one told me that Jesus would not be my mediator if I did.

Of course, this should probably be discussed with your wife first.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Dude just do what I did, tell them that you want to do whats best and after analyzing things you realized that Jehovah's Witnesses are not the best choice for you to make GOD HAPPY. Tell them it is fine for each person to worship god the way they think they should.

She might ask questions... if so speak to her logically. Kids will be far more accepting than adults.

• BU2B
    BU2B

marked

• jgnat
    jgnat

Be age-appropriate. Different levels of explanation based on age. Treat it like the sex talk. Answer as simply as the question is asked.

Are you running family bible study night? That might be good ground to introduce your family (including the wife) to open ended questions, freedom of expression, and no answer is forbidden.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit