My story so far

by brainmelt 30 Replies latest jw friends

• brainmelt
    brainmelt

I've been trying to avoid posting this, due to extreme paranoia but its time to post my story. I hope to not post too many details, as we've avoided being DF so far, our group elder was young and lovely and cool and I just hope that in time he learns the TTATT.

I'm a regular lurker on here, occasional poster (I can't post much as my phone browser only lets me read but not post, so I only post on the odd occasion I get a time alone on the PC)

I have been fading since round about last September ( so almost my first anniversary of learning TTATT)

I decided in April that I could no longer attend meetings. I hadn't been out much in FS before that, just the odd time. Meetings were causing me soooooo much stress and anxiety that I decided to call it a day.

One month later, one of my children were diagnosed with cancer. I would never have imagined this, not in a million years. I was pretty much agnostic, but on the day of his major surgery, I realised I was an atheist. Being an atheist has brought me so much comfort. I don't have anyone to blame, or question or to supplicate. I've realised that life just sucks sometimes. I've realised that humans can be amazing. I've learned from my children that you have to live in the moment and enjoy all of the happy moments. I still don't know if our little boy will survive, he is going through some pretty intense stuff but he is absolutely amazing and doing so well that I have so much faith he will get through this.

My own family are being pretty cool and understanding, I've tried reasoning with my dad about the blood issue and how I'll never return to the cong because of this but my inlaws are crazy and think that we have no where to turn and don't know we can cope without 'Jehovah' TM.

I'm just greatful for every moment that I'm alive, every moment that we can cherish as a family, I have many JW's that I love very much but I will never, ever return. Even if I decided that there was in fact a God, I would never think that JW's were correct. The 'New System' etc are completely made up, I'd sooner be a Mormon.........................

• brainmelt
    brainmelt

Thankfully for me, my husband figured it all out too, although he has never been on any 'apostate' websites, he is also an atheist. I was always the spiritual head, the one who got us all out and ready for meetings and field service. I feel so thankful to have been able to get him out too. He always says that he is glad we both figured it out at the same time but I know that he has never really believed it, just went along with it to please his parents and then me. Glad we both figured it out before our children got any older. They are 5 and 3 and adored their first birthday celebrations this year and can't wait until Xmas x

• Truth seeker 674
    Truth seeker 674

you are a smart person brainmelt.

• Mum
    Mum

Congratulations on choosing to be free!

My thoughts and best wishes for your son. Have you considered having him treated at St. Jude Hospital in Memphis? St. Jude is one charity that I support because they cure children with cancer every day. Its founder, the late Danny Thomas, has assured that no one has to pay, not even the wealthy.

Keep us posted.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

What a tough thing to deal with -- I'm glad you and your husband can hang in there together and love those sweet children.

• brainmelt
    brainmelt

Truth Seeker - thank you, I hope think so. At least a little :)

Mum - we are in the UK so couldn't be treated there but we feel that we are getting the best treatment possible here x

• brainmelt
    brainmelt

Please keep supporting St Judes though, there has to be more awareness of child cancers x

• rebel8
    rebel8

Amazing story. It's so awesome you are finding peace in your new belief system now instead of suffering more as you work through this family trauma.

Best wishes to you and yours.

• flipper
    flipper

BRAINMELT- Welcome to the board here. I'm so sorry about your sons health condition. I do hope he comes through it O.K. Please know that we are here for you friend. I'm happy to hear that you have your freedom of mind away from the JW cult now. Good for you. We are all survivors . Take care. Peace out, mr. Flipper

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Welcome to you and family and enjoy you have waken together. Cancer in your small ones is hard but they can do so much more with cancer today. Hoping for a remission for your son very soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit