AVOIDING A SHEPHERDING CALL: Suggestions pls

by grumblecakes 39 Replies latest jw friends

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

yup got a voice mail bright and early this morning "grumblecakes, we would like to schedule a shepherding call".

how do i get outta this?

thanks!!!

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Ask them this question:

Are you genuinely interested in me? ... Or are you just mechanically going through your "pending items" checklist in preparation for the CO visit?

• Thor
    Thor

Hi Grumblecakes!

If no thanks won't work, try I'm sick, depressed, too busy, etc. or I'm doing fine and don't need a shepherding call right now. Try something, don't do it! (my opinion)

Mrs. Thor

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

just say I will have to pass this time maybe next time around?

or say I'm doing really great right now no need for any more encouragement! But thanks!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

What L2NM said above. But don't even budge on their counters. "Really, I am fine and I absolutely refuse. I have your number if I need your assistance."

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

I won't even answer the phone if I know it is one of them nor will I return their phone calls. I am not sure where you are in your journey but they will get the point real quick when you don't return their calls. You don't owe them a thing.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

How badly do you think you would do? How far along in your fade are you? Keep in mind turning down a shep call will put you on the radar. Stopping service then turning down 'loving encouragement' from the elders? Apostadar goes BEEP BEEP BEEP. Especially after the vile hate speech apostates talk at the DC.

My wife and I had one around November I think... I decided to go through with it. I explained that I'm doing fine, thanked the brothers for their concern and told them I'd start service again when I'm ready. Which is course is never.

Best thing I ever did. Never was asked again for a report slip or given a talk slip. It was actually a huge help to my fade. No more 'missed you on Saturday' or anything.

Just something to consider. After the boys read you the guilt/fear/obligation act, they're out of ideas if they don't smell apostate. You'll either fade from their minds as being taken care of, or you'll be a fish they don't want to fry.

Do you have a CO visit coming up? If so then you just have to make it through a couple more before he stops asking about you.

• bigmac
    bigmac

just say--great--any night after midnight--i'm working a late shift.

• L3G
    L3G

" Apostadar goes BEEP BEEP BEEP."

Captian Obvious, love the coined term—that's precious!

• label licker
    label licker

If you avoid them by phone like we did, they will come out and sit outside your property until you come out. Then to get you to come to the hall they will go around and try and find as much untruth dirt as they can even if it is going back five years ago, they will also go to your old hall, and then set up a jc hearing. Trust me this is what happened to us. They will find young ones who are desperate for labels to willingly lie as well. And when you decide to tell the co to df you so you can appeal it for it was just such BS he won't for that means you would get three new brothers that will see it was just wrong. But hey, don't take my advice. You could play the health card like our friends from our old hall but eventually enough is enough. We just couldn't live a lie or we would end up like our one friend who thought hanging herself was a better way out. And she had almost a million dollars in her account but constantly had to deal with the rejection of her hall. Tell them you will call them when your hemeroids have shrunken!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit