by InChristAlone 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Gayle:

You may be loved=bombed

Gayle's wrong. You will be love-bombed.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    I appreciate the attire comment, although I have no interest in shaving my beard. They can live with it.

I had this filthy idea in my mind for quite some time. I would love to start attending the Kingdom Hall, dressed as a bad ass just to get the young women dripping with delight. Sincerely start a bible study, but refuse to dress differently or cut my hair. I'd express my desire to become an unbaptized publisher and see how they handle it.

Unfortunately, I have a life and better things to do.

• bnybyt
    bnybyt

Bring a recording device like an mp3 player or phone.

Ask questions like why does Jesus appear nailed to a pole rather than a cross which the Scriptures led you to believe.

"The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the LORD. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe." (John 20:25)

http://carm.org/questions/about-jesus/did-jesus-really-die-cross

" The plural form "nails" is used. This means that more than one nail was used upon Jesus' hands. Therefore, we can conclude that the most logical explanation for the plural use of nails is that there is at least two nails, one for each hand that was stretched out from left to right as would be done if Jesus were crucified on a cross. This would mean that the torture stake, or the vertical stake theory would be invalid."

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Honestly I wouldn't go. But up to you

• label licker
    label licker

Tell them your already one of Jehovah's witnesses and your on holidays. Watch how fast your dropped like a hot potato and ignored. Sure you'll get a handshake and a hello but it won't go any further than that!

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

When I was still in I went to a KH in the islands. They were extremely nice and took us to lunch and then the airport on another island. Small cong but very very nice. I don't think just being a visiting JW makes them drop you, it's only if u decide to stay or get baptized. I thing then you r considered able to fend for yourself and let loose. It is rarely about friendship sadly. I don't miss that place.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

BRAGGING, and arrogance, and ignorance, and fear;

a lot of; We are the best. We live in a spiritual paradise,

Only we have the faithful and discreet salve. We are protected.

We are safe, as long as we obey the Governing Body.

We have special knowledge no one else has, only we have the truth.

WE are the only ones God loves. "Worldly" people live immoral lives.

We are the only righteous ones. The END is near, don't get a life.

As long as you keep it superficial, its a social club, but never question

anything written in literature and especially never question the authority

of the Governing Body or any of their actions. Then the smiles will disappear

and the shunning and hearts of stone will reveal themselves. Do lunch but

do not do any real probbing or you will either be assimulated into the Borg or

the Borg will neutralize you.

I think that sums it up ?

• Laika
    Laika

Cantleave,

Those videos are brilliant, except for the smurf scene (obviously!) it is almost exactly like every Sunday meeting I ever went to, amazing how similar meetings are worldwide!

Inchristalone,

Better you than me mate, Church it is not, you will be painfully bored.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Funny LisaRose, that's what I liked.

I'd rejected conventional Christianity (Anglican) at about age13/14 as 'mere entertainment'* - but when I went to my first meeting (PT/WTS) I was impressed with the studious atmosphere.

I thought the speaker was a bit boring, though. Can't even remember what the talk was about. For the record, the speaker was one Theodore Jarasc, then the branch servant (overseer) in Australia. (In the days when the branch office was at Strathfield).

I was introduced to the speaker during the break between the PT and the WTS. I do not think he was impressed with me, maybe it was my buzz haircut, lairy shirt with seagulls, and pale blue jeans.

* The church my parents forced me to attend was an old colonial Anglican church, in which you sat in a sort of box with high walls. I found I could read a book if I sat in a different one to my parents, so I used to smuggle a thin book into church to read. That went OK to someone looked over the side and told my father.

I then sat in a box that had a grave in it, the grave of one commandant of the penal colony that had been there in the early days and who was so hated by the convicts that they threatened to dig him up and smash his dead body to pieces. So he was re-buried in the church. I'd sit in the box that contained the grave, remove the trap door, and imagine the dead commandant jumping up out of his grave, and all the congregation running out of the church screaming, So, you see, churches ARE entertaining

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Interesting report on the experience. I'd say one of my abiding memories is also that of a complete lack of passion or any feelings of a transcendent experience. It was like being at a management meeting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit