Going to Kingdom Hall for first time

by InChristAlone 39 Replies latest jw friends

• InChristAlone
    InChristAlone

Since my family is out of town, and I am alone this weekend, I have decided to attend this once to see these things for myself. Have no fear, I have absolutely no interest in joining. My goal is simply to better understand how to reach those who are on the inside, and I feel I could better do that by observing it. So, my question to all of you is...what should I expect?

• newsheep
    newsheep

A bunch of hypocrits all trying to pull your butt out of the fires of hell. ( if there were one)

• DNCall
    DNCall

Amatuer hour.

• cantleave
  • Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

If you need a nap, you'll easily be able to have one in the two hours you'll be there

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

My Advice is to get there a few minutes early so you don't have to sit in the very front where it's uncomfortable. The back edge is usually the most comfortable, and least awkward place to sit and observe.

If you want to make it somewhat less monotonous and entertaining try raising your hand during the Watchtower study, and give a answer from your own "worldy" perspective instead of the scripted paragraph answers most give and note the expressions on their faces...LOL.

• Giordano
    Giordano

It is boring at least to those of us who have gotten out. You should be treated with courtesy. But before or after the meeting someone will try to place you as an active or inactive witness,or someone who has been DF. You can be forthright and ask if the public is welcomed. Or that you are visiting every denomination as part of your personal religious studies.So they can place you as a potential convert.

Dress nicely, sports jacket and tie (no jeans or shorts). If your a women...a modest dress and no pants suits. JW put a lot of emphasis on looking clean (shaven) and modest think the 1950's and you should be ok. That's about it.

After the meeting a few people will approach you and probably ask if you'd like to study the bible. It takes thousands of hours of field service to get a bible study started....... to have you come to them is like a prize fish jumping into the boat.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

What's your story?

Why the interest?

Is your family "IN"?

Doc

• Gayle
    Gayle

You may be loved=bombed, as like from a car salesman.

• NCC-1701
    NCC-1701

I would be interested in hearing of your experience afterward.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit