Movie BLACKFISH Reminds Me of Watchtower Corporation

by OnTheWayOut 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Oubliette
  • breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Interesting, will have to check that out

• crmsicl
    crmsicl

thanks for the information to heighten awareness on two important topics.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Zebra, they sure did. Tilicum was going to be a sperm doaner but they can't just have a biggl whale sitting around - put him in a show, don't tell new trainers any history.

Sixofnine, that struck me too. JW'S are convinced they are Bible experts when they are just Watchtower doctrine experts (or worse) that can fire off scripture snippets. They, like these trainers, know nothing about their subject beyond what they are told.

HarryMac, thanks for bumping.

MrsCedars, you are welcome. I get that they are about money. I guess I just sort of believed some of what they said. But its all BS. They try to convince people that killer whales are happier and live longer in captivity. Totally the opposite. I think that struck me most as WT-like. Anything WTS says is likely the opposite of reality.

Dagney, I saw killer whales near Vancouver once. I have seen SeaWorld shows as a kid. It spooks me, just like WTS involvement, that I believed what I was told.

Mickey, Oubliettes: thanks for posting.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

B.O.C., crmsicl: thanks for bumping, posting.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

I'm watching this now...finally. It's even more disturbing than I was expecting it to be.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Yes, I have heard about this issue, but not the documentary.

It's a crime, these are intelligent creatures, forced to perform and do things they don't naturally do, in an environment that is not healthy for them, so that Sea World can make money. They pretend it's for research, but it's really just for money. The deaths were preventable. I have been to Sea World, I didn't enjoy those shows, it just felt wrong. I would never go again that's for sure.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

I saw this on Netflix a few weeks ago and it was disturbing and made me hate SeaWorld. They do everything for $$$ and could care less about the health of the wondrous creatures they enslave. It does sound like the wts business model, doesn't it?

Hoping they close all these down one day soon.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

It's really amazing... I could clearly see the similarities between this corporation and the JW cult... lies, lies, and more lies, to protect a corporation.

• stillin
    stillin

OK! You all convinced me to put it in my Netflix queue. Maybe it will spark something in my wife's mind

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit