JW attitudes to women

by Frazzled UBM 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Billyblobber
    Billyblobber

i haven't seen FrazzledUBM condemn Christianity for how Jehovah's Witness women are treated, so why are you guys saying he's hypocritical? And why is every thread about this now?

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

Thanks Billybobber - you are right - I am not condemning Christianity for the sins of the WBTS in the same way I do not blame Islam for the crimes of ISIS and other fanatics. It seems Simon is looking for any opportunity, fair or otherwise, to discredit me because I had the temerity to challenge him for starting the "Islam is a disease" thread and for suggesting he may not have acted with complete impartiality in exercising his moderator powers on that thread.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

It seems Simon is looking for any opportunity, fair or otherwise, to discredit me because I had the temerity to challenge him for starting the "Islam is a disease" thread and for suggesting he may not have acted with complete impartiality in exercising his moderator powers on that thread.

Sorry Frazz, but you pretty much discredited yourself for how you defended Islam. Now after doing that you start a thread whining about the Watchtower's negative attitude towards women, and you never thought anybody would call you out on it? That's one thing that bugged me about all you liberals that were hanging from Muhammed's nutsack defending that evil Islam ideology. You did all that while at the same time you were on an X-JW forum denouncing the Watchtower for being theocratic fanatics, and having the views it did on women, gays, and everything else it had in common with Islam. Do you think all JW's feel that way? Don't you think there are "moderate" JW's? Now I will actually defend the Watchtower against Muslim sympathizers who try to promote Jehovah's Witnesses as being worse than Islam.

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity

JW women get revenge on JW misogyny by taking it out on their sons and husbands. I love to take that JW misogyny and rub her face in it. I still am the rightful spiritual leader of the house and she acknowledges this, but the price I pay for making that point is a thousand criticisms a day.

And to all you Islamophobes, JW is Islam without Muhammad, the Qur'an or any cool looking swords, and the Bahais and the Ismailis are more liberal than JWs.

• Splash
    Splash

Don't worry girls, in the new system you too will own that enviable appendage you so dearly covet:

Golden Age 1930, April 2. P. 446 Bible Questions and Answers
    Whether the identity of the sexes, as such, will be preserved, we do not know. There have been some well authenticated instances in which women have been transformed into men, and it is possible that this transformation may become general and we shall all be brothers together.

Splash

• Simon
    Simon

It seems Simon is looking for any opportunity, fair or otherwise, to discredit me because I had the temerity to challenge him for starting the "Islam is a disease" thread and for suggesting he may not have acted with complete impartiality in exercising his moderator powers on that thread.

Whoah ... that's totally twisting things!

If anything I was being chastised for *not* using any 'moderator powers' with people demanding that I delete things they didn't think should be allowed. As it happens there were only a couple of very extreme comments that were removed (none of which were supportive of your position) so I think you owe me an apology or retraction of that accusation.

I think it is relevant because the issue of the treatment of women within the WTS is difficult to criticise if you defend the treatment of women within islam. You are now trying to divert this discussion into something it is not (moderation) instead of it being about the treatment of women within religion and I think a contrast with your views on islam is totally fair and relevant.

Sorry, but Islam is clearly much further along the misogyny scale than the WTS is.

• blondie
    blondie

Golden Age 1930, April 2. P. 446 Bible Questions and Answers
    Whether the identity of the sexes, as such, will be preserved, we do not know. There have been some well authenticated instances in which women have been transformed into men, and it is possible that this transformation may become general and we shall all be brothers together.!!!

• Simon
    Simon

There have been some well authenticated instances in which women have been transformed into men

Were they refering to surgical cases (seems unlikely) or some spontaneous occurrence that the world has never heard of before (but 'well authenticated'?)

The old mags were like the trashy sensationalist 'newspapers' that you find at the supermarket checkout. I don't even know the names of them.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

I wrote a little blog on the Watchtower's view of women.....let me know your thoughts:

http://darrinhart.hubpages.com/hub/Gods-View-of-Women-According-to-the-Watchtower-Bible-Tract-Society

• humbled
    humbled

The "transformation" referenced in that 1930 Golden Age might be a misappropriation of the eventual outcome of seeming female intersex persons born with indeterminant genitals. These individuals prove to be males when puberty resolves the physical confusion.

But condition this does not resolve the idiocy of the WT comments.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit