Less than one third (1/3) of Jehovah's Witnesses will survive Armageddon

by Calebs Airplane 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

The real truth is even more chilling: None of Jehovah's Witnesses will survive Armageddon, not one!

Consider what comments in the OP are really meant to do: keep everyone in the cult unsure about their status. It's all manipulative control tactics.

Learn to recognize these mind-control techniques and live free.

• processor
    processor

Our Presiding Overseer once said: "If those who could pioneer and don't do it will survive Armageddon, then I don't know ..."

• Dagney
    Dagney

Absof**kinglutely I heard it. At a district convention, before 1975, and also from a visiting CO. I looked around the hall and added up the faithful and I realized I was SOL. Why oh why didn't I just leave then!!! I didn't have the guts.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I remember a very specific talk given by a friend of mine at the time. He had attended Ministerial Training school, and had given the same part in the school with his instructors coaching him "not to hold back the facts".

He basically touted the notion that since only about 10% of the Jews made it throguh the destruction of Jerusalem, that we could expect a similar number among Gods people today making it into the new world. The instructors loved it! He even went on to say that "fear of God", cannot be solely the fear of "displeasing" God. He said when the bodies of the Egyptians were washing ashore do you think they feared their God? You betcha!

• steve2
    steve2

I hate to say this, but there is more than a grain of truth in what these hallowed men utter: If this were the truth and the end were really near, true believers would get of their ar*ses and do the deed. I think about the way my JW grandparents lived their married lives in the 1920s and 30s - literally like the end was coming tomorrow.

Very few bum warmers in the organization back then, my dears!

Of course, it ain't the truth and the end ain't near, so it's cool that an estimated 2 in 3 witnesses are content to take their screaming kids to amusement parks. BTW those drooled over pastries would be long stale by now - guess those 2 in 3 witnesses knew something back then that the Presidente didn't, huh?

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Problemaddict... so the WT is suggesting that only 10% of JWs will survive?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit