Less than one third (1/3) of Jehovah's Witnesses will survive Armageddon

by Calebs Airplane 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Londo111
    Londo111

I always felt doomed as a JW. Every week the Watchtower study was telling me something I was failing to do or telling me I wasn't doing enough.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

My parents thankfully did take us kids to the beach even though they heard comments like the above.

I loathe this cult, it takes the joy out of life......I mean why would you want to go to a beautiful beach when you could be selling the Watchtower & Awake magazine door to door to people that don't want to read them?

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

As for survivors of the battle of Armageddon, compare my analysis of the sheep/goats parable on this thread. (my next to last post) The analysis reveals two different criteria for approval; one for disciples, and one for the sheep & goats. If valid, it makes for some curious possibilities in comparison with the discussion above.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

batata (literally sweet potato)

You must mean "camote"

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

I tell my elders this all the time...look at a cong anf if they have 100 publishers how many are really pushing themselves, really believe it and fully trust it...less than 20% I tell you...there are so many in for the ride...turn up at a meeting...go out door knocking once a month and answer up a few times and they think they have everlasting life...

I would say IF the Big A came and going by what the WTS teaches to survive there would be not many...

But it's all batshit crazy anyway....

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Who real;ly wants to live 80 years denying yourself off everything only to survive into the new system spending 1000 years trying to be perfect to have to spend an unknown period of time fighting of Satan to possibly die again on to possibly survive and spend the rest of eternity realizing that if you Fugg up just one time in the most minute way you are still going to die?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Calebs Airplane:

I remember hearing this garbage and many remarks along the same lines. The whole point was to drum up guilt and more importantly FEAR. Yes, this is a FEAR-based organization. No way is it based on love. It is fear all the way.

Sorry, I wasn't buying it. I reasoned to myself that it was ludicrous that I should be responsible for other people being saved. What happened to their free will? And, who then was responsible for me being saved???

The whole thing is ridiculous and designed to make people mentally ill with worry. This is why the religion has so many who are on medication.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Similar to that, we had a piosneer(!) sister who was fond of saying, "half of us are only here to test the half you know!" Meaning that Jehovah was not interested in saving half of JWs. They are only in the congregation to put the other half to the test (by being awkward, or whatever, generally disagreeing with sister piosneer, I suppose) to make sure they are worthy of surviving.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

marked

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I learned at an early age that one should never take notice of what people say, even if they were Elders, Servants, C/O's or whatever. I worked out this "rule of thumb" as a young man 1) If it is clearly in The Bible, then it is true. 2) If it is in the Watchtower as a statement , then it is probably true [so I then thought] 3) If somebody says it, I can accept or reject it as I think fit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit