New Child Abuse lawsuit to be filed tomorrow in Ohio against WT and congregation

by AndersonsInfo 59 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• flipper
    flipper

Good job Barbara. BTTT, keep this thread bumped

• S EIGHT
    S EIGHT

Clarification of my previous point in regard to how this case is similar to the Conti case.

If you go back over the Rick Simons interviews you'll notice he specifically states that certain conditions must be met for a case to have a chance to succeed. He also hints to other cases that have merit but do not stack up to the specifics of the Conti complaint.

As quite rightly pointed out by DATA-DOG there is clear evidence of "special relationship", a point vehemently denied by Watchtower at the Conti trial.

The legal team in this McFarland case have made a very good arguement that a special relationship exists between Watchtower and "ALL" members whether they have a position of responsibility or not - everyone is appointed as an ordained minister and representitive of of the "company" at point of baptism.

The Watchtower controls every aspect of a members life from whether or not they can become a member in the first place through to what to eat, what to wear, who to marry, what medical treatment to have, how to have sex and who with, what to think, what not to think, what to say, what opinions to have and so on. If you break the company code on any of these points willfully then you are punished and removed. The McFarland case outlines the extent to which Watchtower has control and dictates the life course of all members regardless of rank.

It cannot be argued that Watchtower has no control over the actions of it's members.

The other similarity is the fact that the abuser in the McFarland case had a history of abusing which Watchtower was aware of and did not take the necessary action to prevent further acts of abuse.

S8

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

bumpbity bump

• Splash
    Splash

@S8

The Soc are firm in their teaching that everyone lower than a CO are not representatives of the WTBTS.

Our ministry is a personal ministry, and congregations must not use WT logos or letterheads.

They try to draw a clear line.

Splash

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

True Splash, they try... They contradict themselves in trying to prove "legally" that there is no special relationship. Also, it is clear from the WTBTS's own publications that every JW is an " ordained minister " from baptism onward. I believe that all their double-speak and playing both ends against the middle is going to cost them.

I really do think that we will see nu-light(tm) soon(tm) about the bible-based(tm) teaching of who is, and who is not an ordained minister. Why? Why do they release any nu-light(tm)? Time runs out on their prognostications, $$$, or legal/corporate problems, cause it aint Holy Spirit...

• Brother of the Hawk
  • Londo111
    Londo111

marked

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

This one is from a different channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFhrHRvM2c4

• S EIGHT
    S EIGHT

@spalsh DATA-DOG is spot on with the double-speak accusation. They "say" one thing then impose another. If I have no special relationship with the society then why are they concerned about my actions and call me before a "legal" hearing of 3 elders?

No special relationship, then leave me alone.

The legal position with these cases is actually quite simple. The society knew of a molester and let him carry on without reporting him or informing others of the danger.

S8

• flipper
    flipper

S EIGHT- Very good points you bring up. And as you state another similarity between the new McFarland abuse case and Conti's abuse case is that the WT Society and elders ALSO knew that Conti's abuser had a history of child abuse as well - yet still did nothing to protect her by continually sending her out into field service with her molester in spite of them knowing he had molested before ! By WT Society appointed elders sitting on their hands and doing nothing to protect these victims - in spite of knowing child molesters lurk about in their congregations- WT Society and elders are setting themselves up for hundreds if not thousands more of these lawsuits as time goes on. It's about time it gets exposed to the public in a big way. Peace out, mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit