I Just Had A Big Fat Bomb Drop On My Head and It Leaves Alot Of Questions

by TotallyADD 46 Replies latest jw friends

• *lost*
    *lost*

What's that saying,.... you can pick your friends, but not your family.

some families are crap, some are great. I always found the best, nicest people, are the 'less well off'.

Not bothered about 'social' standing etc.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Lost- You are so right. Money always seem to get in the way.

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

One line I feel would have fit right in: "My father, the one who probably sat on countless JC's and sent boatloads packing because of their "sins." "

Yeah, a discovery like that would have made me nauseous too.

"Should I try to contact this person?"

Speaking strictly as someone who grew up in the opposite situation (I'm the kid the other family never knew about) I can honestly say I had the same questions. When my circumstances will it I most definitely will try to meet those brothers and sisters I never knew, it will be liberating. If they suck- well then too bad- but if they're awesome then why not try to make up for lost time?

If they're JW's then I'm in a nightmare... haha

All the best.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Just because Dad donated some sperm to a bar-fly and then abandoned the child he created with her does not mean you have a brother.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Sammy Jenkins- Thanks for the other side of the story. Does give me more to think about.

Minister Amos- Not a bar-fly but a emplyee of my parents who was also married. One who was a old school mate. Small town Peyton Place.

Totally ADD

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

So... Totally ADD... any updates on this?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

You should offer him a free home bible study, from the ' Bible Teach ' book.

Seriously, why not contact him? What have you got to lose? I had step-siblings that I did not know about for years as well. It was a " secret." Secrets are bad. Truth is good. Your brother may be really cool, why not find out?

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit