I Just Had A Big Fat Bomb Drop On My Head and It Leaves Alot Of Questions

by TotallyADD 46 Replies latest jw friends

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

TotallyADD-I have a half brother too, one I have never met. He was given up for adoption. I yearn to know him, yet cannot find him due to the fact that he was adopted out in another part of the world. It hurts to know he is there, and we don't even speak the same native tongue. Yet, it would be wonderful to hug him and let him know that he is a missing part of my life.

Whatever you decide to do, I wish you the very best!

• Violia
  • laverite
    laverite

I'm so sorry, ADD for what you have been through. Growing up in an abusive JW home SUCKS....So MANY of us have that in common. Again, I am so sorry. I wish I had words of wisdom for you, really I do. Take it easy, if you can. Try to absorb the new information. Don't rush anything. Do what feels right to you and what you are comfortable with. I don't think there's a right way to do things here or a wrong way. Hugs to you.

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

Do you know if the other woman was a JW, or if your half-brother is? If not, your brother may not want you to contact them to not bring reproach on the organization. (even though you father did that himself) I wonder if he paid child support?

zed

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Painted ToeNail- Sad story you have. I hope one day you will find your lose brother and be able to hug him. Gives me something to think about.

Violia- I am now the middle child.

Laverite- thank you for your concern. I will not rush anything. Thanks for the Hugs.

Zed is dead- Other women was a employee of my parents when this happen. She was also a school mate of theirs. All I know is my father

could care less about him. To think he took this to his grave.

• *lost*
    *lost*

ADD - feel for ya dude.

My father was a pig (non Jw) don't have 1 nice memory. He too, was a bully, and he had many affairs.

I would err on the side of caution and take it slow. he may have a family, and they may not want skeletons falling out of the closet,

dirty secrets and all that.

I have a nephew out there somewhere, who was never acknowledged as a baby, undesirable mother. Could never fathom how my mum could/would not acknowledge or love that little baby, his mum had issues, he had a rough life I heard.

What happens in jw that is shocking etc,,, is 'normal' in the world and goes on all the time.

hope it goes well, it is a tough one to call, at the end of the day, when your ready, all you can do is give it a go, nothing to lose.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

WOW, I don't even know what to say, and that happens infrequently!

• finally awake
    finally awake

here is my two cents. i am the bastard child ignored by my father and his family. it would mean the world to me if any of my half brothers or uncles or aunts or cousins would make the effort to get to know me.

• clarity
    clarity

TotallyADD.... hi ........ as we get older & family & friends

start 'disappearing', it gets pretty lonely on this old planet!

>

To have a younger brother who's blood runs in your veins too,

well, that could turn out to be a marvelous relationship.

One that could bring both of you many happy years.

>

For myself, (Iam older than you) I would jump at the chance.

>

Love overcomes the fear.

Wishing you all the best as always........

clarity

Oh and a big hug & hello to our new one on this threadTTATT

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

I have my speech back. Non of our families have been perfect, but we raised as JWs thought they shoud be. I have found there are many secrets in many families. Another sibling can turn out to be a positive thing if you decide to find him. I myself have a half-sister I never got to know and I now wish I had known her, but dad is gone and all his brothers and sisters who might have information on her are gone too. Don't make a decision immediately give yourself time to adjust.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit