The more time I spend with "worldly people" the more I realize...

by confusedandalone 40 Replies latest jw friends

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

thanks again all.. warm words.

besty - I am going back today. I am trying to fill my humidor witha nice selection of items I can age and enjoy with time.

If you have suggestions let me know

• besty
    besty

http://www.cigarone.com/cuban-cigars/1155,montecristo-no.-4-(box-of-10)--cuban-cigars.html

http://www.cigarone.com/cuban-cigars/739,cohiba-genios-maduro-5--cuban-cigars.html

and I want pics of your new marketing gal in Winghouse with one of these on her lips :-)

EDIT - ok no-smoking laws prolly don't permit such a pic. anyways..

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

@besty - ROFL - I will see what I can do LOL.

COHIBA Genios Maduro 5 <------------- You have just made me spend money!!!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Scully:

Like you, I don't go down "one-way" streets either and I am glad you put that "friendship" to the test. I would ignore this woman unless she spoke to me first.

In recent years, I have purged names from my life and my phone book if I saw that these people were not interested in general or they were playing stupid charades because they didn't want to show they were interested or were no longer interested. Whatever. This included JWs and non-JWs and extended to unfriending them if they were on my Facebook list.

My motto is: You don't want to be friends. Fine. I just do not want any pretense.

I also have limited my circle of trusted friends and I feel this is natural as you grow older and might not necessarily have anything to do with the religion. This suits me just fine.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    confusedandalone - "The more time I spend with 'worldly people' the more I realize..."
    Vidiot - "...how decent most of them are."

Oh, and sexy, too.

(...ladies...)

• Bella15
    Bella15

Awesome!

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

This is exactly why I am inviting as many of our "worldy" neighbors over as possible. My wife has a great time (she is very sociable) and we don't have to sing any damn songs from the Kingdom Melodies songbook.

• Thor
    Thor

I would say that there were some in our old hall of years ago who were decent, sincere human beings, although mislead, but most were completely phony and insincere. It's so good to be out and free!

Mrs. Thor

• CaramelQueen
    CaramelQueen

My non-JW friends dont even bat an eyelash when I wear my tiny little silver nose stud. The JW's have a near coniption. I wear my hair natural, in either braids, twists or a big afro, I sometimes wear african-influenced clothing. I get the "look" from the extremely conservative elderly sisters. It tickles me that "natural" hair wasn't worn in this part of the country until maybe 3-4 years ago. Ah well...

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Guess you're not so Confusedandalone anymore? Very positive thread, thanks for this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit