Another Suicide

by Billy the Ex-Bethelite 67 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Open mind
    Open mind

Billy said:

"WT puts so much emphasis on perfection that it's unhealthy. For someone like AJ, he decided to end his life because he was convinced that he'd committed the "unforgivable sin". If he wasn't a JW, the incident would have just been embarrassing, certainly not criminal or anything serious. But all the crap that goes with being a JW convinced him that this was worth dying over, since he'd fallen from "perfection". And for me, the striving after perfection made for a life I didn't find worth living. I was supposedly doing everything right but I was exhausted and dissatisfied. Life was bland and everything I said or did was subject to scrutiny. "Perfection" came to mean a torturous, dull pain for me."

So very beautifully and poignantly stated.

You are VERY MUCH in my thoughts and those of my wife and children tonight Billy.

Thoughts. Not prayers. We don't do that anymore.

BILLY

• smiddy
    smiddy

Its very hard to deal with emotions when you have personally known someone who has taken their own life.

I feel for you bro. take care.

smiddy

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Sorry to read this Billy... my divorce (unbiblical), and my fading from the so-called "truth" came to the point of suicide for me too. 3 days of planning, and one "worldly" neighbor that called 911 which landed me to the psych ward, where even the docs were surprised I was alive.

Just saying that this story could be mine... and that I am extremely empathetic to your feelings.

Hang on... Much love to ya!

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

All I can say is that the WTS has at it's head the most dispicable small group of mind-controlling motherfuckers on this planet.
    FUCK them and their self appointement as the FDS. Assholes!

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

Good for you braincleaned! I am happy that you and me have now the opportunity to write on this board. We "dodged the bullet". Now it's time to live Life to the fullest. Also very well said: "most dispicable small group of mind-controlling motherfuckers on this planet." Amen to that.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

True. Stalin would be envious.

• BroMac
    BroMac

So upsetting. Thinking of his wife and family and you of course Billy

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

Sorry for your loss Billy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest