Another Suicide

by Billy the Ex-Bethelite 67 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I'm sorry to hear you lost your friend. So sad.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Billy, I'm sorry to read of your news. You comments and insight are always something I enjoy reading. Maybe you can find solace in being there for his spouse, as a friend. She may need a realistic, caring person in her life right now. Not everyone within JW is automatically comforted by the thought of a resurrection hope and I've met a couple who eventually left after the death of someone they loved. The lack of comfort in JW expressions and resurrection thoughts just didn't matter to them. I'm not sure if you're in a position to socialize with JW's, as I can't remember if your status is faded or d'fd, but at least letting his wife know you care as an unconditional friend could mean a lot to her now. No doubt, it would be a comfort to your friend who passed knowing you made the attempt to help his wife.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"No doubt, it would be a comfort to your friend who passed knowing you made the attempt to help his wife."

Unfortunately, I didn't know her well. I'll have to ask my parents about it.

I've thought about contacting some of our other friends, but it really gives me an anxious feeling to try to contact them after it's been several years now. I dunno.

If anything, I put it out here in hopes that anyone reading this happens to be contemplating suicide... DON'T DO IT! HELP IS AVAILABLE! SAY SOMETHING! And if the first person doesn't listen, find someone else. Like BluePill2 said, "Dying is a permanent solution to a temporary problem."

• flipper
    flipper

I'm terribly sorry for your loss Billy. So tragic. How many more lives will the WT Society ruin before there is ever any accountability in how WT leaders just chuck Bethelites out into the streets without any compensation, references for work, and leave them with a big NOTHING ? It's criminal. The sooner this WT organization gets derailed and WT leaders are brought up on criminal charges for other bloodguilt, i.e. deaths of JW children from no blood transfusions, allowing child molesters to run rampant, and deaths of JW's committing suicide from shunning or other stresses- it won't be too soon for me to see this organization put out of existence

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Sorry to hear the news Billy, I noticed that I am angry a lot since becoming awake. Knowing that my family is being brainwashed and that i have been lied to for 40 years i have to say I'm on the verge of going Postal. I can see how these ones get this way even though i'm not the type to contemplate suicide. This Cult really sucks!!!!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Crazyguy: Take a few deep breathes. As for me, I've learned from the past, but try not to dwell on it. Now we can spend our time focusing on the future. I can't undo what NG did, but I can use the event to reevaluate and refocus on my own future.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Violia, when I was seriously depressed one of the older women in the congregation, someone I really liked and respected, asked me why I was depressed. I said I just wasn't happy, and she said -- get this -- "no one else is happy. Why should you be happy?"

I just laugh and shake my head now when I think back to that. Yup, JWs, the happiest people on earth.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I think most have suffered depression to one degree or another living in this cult. I know I did. But now that I have my freedom I no longer have the oppression of feeling depressed. I tend to forget how difficult and debilitating it is.

I am sorry for your loss. If only...

• 5go
    5go

Yeah, I hit my low point again not that long ago. When you hit it you have to get help money be damned. For you lurkers out there stay the hell away from any elders console. Which will always be wait and pray and go out in more service or join the RBC. That advice is not going to help, it will make things much worse, go get real help from someone with a degree. BTW some work for free find them they aren't that hard to find.

• Quendi
    Quendi

I am greatly distressed to learn about the pain you are suffering, Billy, as a result of your friend’s untimely death. I lost my best friend, a Witness, to suicide as well many years ago. You have my deepest sympathy and I can only add that I hope you can find some solace in the good memories you undoubtedly have of him.

Quendi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit