Are you thankful to know TTAT or not?

by laverite 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

im kind of indifferent, some gains some losses

• laverite
    laverite

Ucantnome - do you sometimes wish you didn't know the real truth about Watchtower?

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

laverite 'the real truth', do you mean that they are not the faithful and discreet slave appointed in 1919 to hand out the food at the proper time? the truth, taking in knowledge that leads to eternal life.

i'm never sure of anything.

it's just that at the present time the options presented to me mean that i know longer attend the hall and go in the field service i have no idea what the options will be in the future.

so im neither thankful nor unthankful, it's just how it is at the present time.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

One of the single best things that happened in my life. No regrets.

• laverite
    laverite

Ucantnome - yes, that's pretty much it. In your situation, it sounds as if it is what it is.

Breakie - ME TOO!

• whathappened
    whathappened

Yes, after getting over the initial feeling of shock and betrayal, I am happier than ever after learning the truth about the truth.

• laverite
    laverite

Here's to happiness, whathappened!!! CHEERS!!!

• sd-7
    sd-7

That's been a question I've wrestled with from time to time, particularly since my ability to make rational choices seemed to take a steep and unpleasant dive shortly after learning TTATT. Certainly in my worst moments I wondered if it was better to know.

But my brain has felt like it was crammed into a box, and it is an absolute JOY to finally give it a chance to stretch its legs. I have read more books since waking up than I ever imagined possible. I feel like I've died and gone to book heaven, realizing just how much there is to read and to learn and to think about and to enjoy without all the guilt. That certainly outweighs everything else.

So, as Rachel Dawes once wisely said, "My answer is yes!"

--sd-7

• Mum
    Mum

I had a pre-JW life, so it was great just to feel somewhat normal again. I love reading, and can read books I enjoy now. I hate living in fear, and I can live in peace now. I hate not being able to make my own decisions, and I can decide for myself now and accept the consequences, as a mature person, because I have the status of an adult, not a developmentally delayed 7-year-old.

• Quendi
    Quendi

I have no regrets about leaving the cult and only wish I had done so sooner. But I still have feelings for many of those whom I left behind and would do anything to get them out. But I also realize this is something they must do for themselves.

Since leaving, I have begun a new spiritual journey that is proving to be most beneficial. It is wonderful to know that I need no man or group of men to represent me before my Maker. At the same time, I have found a spiritual community in which I can be free to be myself as well as to really contribute something positive and worthwhile without having to meet other persons’ approval of my character. Furthermore, I am rediscovering my gifts and abilities and putting them to good use. Under the circumstances, I value my new-found freedom to much to ever entertain the remotest wish to be a Witness again.

Quendi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit