Are you thankful to know TTAT or not?

by laverite 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• laverite
    laverite

I am so thankful that I was able to learn The TRUTH about The Truth TM (TTATT). I owe everything in my life to having left Watchtower Corp: my education, my position as a college professor, being able to write and publish, travel, family life, my beautiful children, being able to be openly gay -- and happy. Yes! Unlike those closeted homosexuals in The Truth TM , I do not have to be afraid to be who I am. I am a happy homosexual , with a family, children, a career, a gorgeous home, a new Mercedes and even a dog and a cat. (I bring these things up, because pretty much everything about me and my life would be heavily criticized by the JWs, indeed, I am the blacksheep of the family. It's NOT ok to be gay. It's NOT ok to be educated. Pet owners are even criticized! And imagine the tongues wagging in a hall over having a large, beautiful home and a new Mercedes. I'd be TORN APART in a KH!!!!)

Leaving Watchtower Corp made everything in my life possible. Happiness in The Org/The Society/The Corp would not have been possible -- EVER. I have no doubt about that. And, I have memories of a lot of misery growing up as JW. I am, therefore, so thankful to have learned TTATT.

It isn't that easy for everyone who learns TTATT. People are at different stages in their lives. Some wake up but still need to be "in" due to family, marriage, etc. Some can fade successfully. Others never learn TTATT and that probably is a good thing for them.

I have relatives who are in their 70s, 80s and 90s. They cling to The Truth TM /Watchtower Corp. Their entire lives have been devoted to The Truth TM /Watchtower Corp. They have literally sacrificed everything for The Truth TM /Watchtower Corp. The amount of sacrifice -- financial, personal, family cannot be underestimated. They have literally sacrificed everything, including, in some cases, their very own lives. To know that it's all a big fantasy, and that they have been manipulated and controlled just would serve no real helpful purpose for them. They are elderly. Poor. Frail. They need the fantasy. They need to believe.

There may be those who learn TTATT but dearly wish that they could have gone on believing Watchtower lies. So what say you? Are you glad to have learned the real truth? Do you wish you hadn't?

I am certainly very grateful that the man behind the curtain has been revealed.

• laverite
    laverite

And to think that I was encouraged to leave school at 16 and get my GED so I could pioneer full-time during the day while working part-time at night. So thankful to have resisted that!

• flipper
    flipper

Yes, Yes and Yes to your question with an exclamation point ! !!!! I cherish my freedom of mind and freedom of movement in life and freedom of gaining access to information ! Yes indeed ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• James Brown
    James Brown

I am happy to know the truth about the truth. But I wish I never had the truth in my head to begin with.

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

Even thought the cost has been family and friends, YES we are happy and glad to know TTATT! The benifits out weigh the cost.

Affectionately: Brother of the Hawk ( I will surrender my mind no more, forever)

• CrackingTheWhip
    CrackingTheWhip

Definitely. No doubt. 100%. I was really looking forward to paradise though. But I can now LIVE.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Laverite you are absolutely 100% right on - I am so grateful and thankful to have been brought to my senses and getting happier every day♥ Also congrats to you for working hard and achieving a wonderful life.

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

100% thankful I know TTATT. Wish I knew sooner, but it's all good.

• Quendi
    Quendi

I’m still awaiting that PM reply from you, laverité. I’m looking forward to reading more about your experiences.

Quendi

• cofty
    cofty

Yes, the cost of freedom was more than worth it.

On the other hand my parents are in their 70s and have been in the cult for over 50 years. If I had a magic bullet that would convince them they were deluded I would not use it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit