Why don't people like me

by joelbear 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

LOL! ((((((((((flower)))))))))) Your post cracked me up but it was ON TARGET!!! I've always been a person that likes and needed affirmation. The older I get the more I am beginning to like myself. The more I like myself the less affirmation I need from others. It's getting better - it will for you too!

Andi

PS: I have a weird baby toe nail too. Drives me crazy.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Joel,

From what I know of you, I like you. Why don't some people like you? Could be your breath!

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• dubla
    dubla

did joel post this thread, or logi?

aa

• elbobbo
    elbobbo

Who cares? Quit worrying about if people like you or not and just worry about if you're happy. From what I've seen I know alot of people aren't fond of me and never have been. The big question for me has always been why would I want them to? I like who I am and what I do so if others don't like me its their loss, not mine. Try it, life is much more fun this way.

• flower
    flower

elbobbo,

ridiculous. its human nature to want to be liked and to be concerned with how others percieve you. its important in just about every aspect of life.

an attitude of 'i could care less what anyone thinks, i'm out to make 'me' happy and i'll do whatever it takes' would be disasterous to the human race and make the world a miserable place to be. not to mention the fact that anyone who acted like that would eventually not have any friends or family that could stand them.

i think you make a point that we shouldnt be 'overly' concerned to the point of obsession but being liked and having friends and supportive relationships is also important. its impossible to have close friendships or loving relationships when you go through life not caring what anyone thinks of you.

just mho

flower

• elbobbo
    elbobbo

Speaking from experience my life is much better by not caring if people like me. I'm human and its not my nature to worry if people like me or not. I do what I think is right and if others don't like it they know where they can go. Truth be told the people I hang out with appreciate my honesty.
    Do you not like my postings? If you don't, oh well, I'm not going to sweat it. If anyone else doen'st like it I'm not going to change them because of what someone else thinks. Truth be told I come to this board because I have plenty of free time and enjoy it. If someone doesn't like what I'm saying I really couldn't care less because while I may like reading posts by various other people on here I couldn't really care less about just about everyone on here. Don't like it? Well, there's really not much you can do about it.

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

If you don't care what people think of yo uthen why would you change your name? Logically, you shouldn't care what people think of your high post count. Interesting.

• Doc_jedd
    Doc_jedd

Joel......Any fella thats got "spurrs that jingle jangle jingle" is ok in my book.......Jedd

• larc
    larc

Flower and Joel,

When Joel starts a thread which says, Why don't people like me, he implies that all people don't like him which is utter foolishness. When people say they don't care what people say, they don't mean all people either. They mean certain people. You simply can't please them all and there is no use in trying.

So, be yourself and you will have friends, people who are indifferent to you, and people who don't like you. That's life.

• teejay
    teejay

Joel,

I got an idea...

Tell us who don't like you and we'll go kick their ass!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit