Why don't people like me

by joelbear 55 Replies latest jw friends

• joelbear
    joelbear

I've recently discovered that the great majority of my problems are my own fault. Which leads me to conclude that it is also my own fault that people don't like me very much.

Y'all have pretty much seen me at my best and my worst. Why do you think people don't like me?

Joel

• Celia
    Celia

From what I know of you, your comments on this board, etc.
    I like you Joel !
    Why do you say people don't like you ?

• Sirona
    Sirona

Joelbear, I like you.

Just be you and don't worry if people don't like you. Treat people well and be a good person.

Sirona

** http://www.religioustolerance.org **

• Gopher
    Gopher

If you're TRUE to yourself, and state a point of view without flinching, you'll have people who admire that, and others who hate that. It's a fact of life, and ought not be taken personally.

-J.R.

This post was not evaluated by any mental health professionals.
    Any opinions expressed are those of a fuzzy, cuddly rodent.

• teejay
    teejay

Get real, Joel.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Why *specifically* do you come to the conclusion people don't like you? What evidence do you have that leads you to this conclusion?

• COMF
    COMF

Joel, go buy yourself an ice cream cone and sit with Mitch, watching a sunset. Really. All this worrying is pointless.

COMF

Up from Earth's centre through the seventh gate
    I rose, and on the throne of Saturn sate,
    And many a knot unravel'd by the road;
    But not the master-knot of human fate.

• musicnonstop
    musicnonstop

As a wise man once said, "beware when all men speak well of you"

"They never told me what was the truth - just a young man losing his youth..."
    - The Stranglers, 'Bear Cage'

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Joel,

I agree with COMF. Have an ice cream and relax.

My friend is exactly like you. He just needs to find that happy medium, and he hasn't found it yet. Neither have you. You both have some major issues, but you're a good person, and that's what you need to hear, alot. It's just your makeup.

I think you should find a simple pleasure that gives you comfort and stick with it. Even if it happens to be a bit of a vice.

My friend's taken up pipe-smoking in the winter, just once a week on a beautiful, cold night, but he finds some peace in that time.

I think you can find peace and stop worrying about people if you become more accustomed to being with yourself. Maybe you need time alone to realize that most people's opinions are worthless, and that you should only care about the people who care about you. People 'who don't like' you don't know you. Forget them.

Take it easy, bro.

ashi

• Prisca
    Prisca

If they are people you'd really admire and would like to be friends with, but they won't have a bar of you, then maybe you need to find out why. Perhaps there's some anit-social aspect to your personality that makes it hard for people to be friends with you.

On the other hand, if they are not people you really want to be friends with, then why bother? Not everyone will like you. Just as you might not necessarily like everyone else. We all have different tastes. Perhaps, to some people, you're not their taste.

Quite frankly, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Be happy with your true friends, and get on with life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit