That is the million dollar question. Personally, I think it is a question of management not cure. But, what really do I know? I am worried that killing all abusers would send the wrong message to some, that they should just kill the victim since the punishment is the same and the witness is gone. But, that is an opinion that carries no merit, just one mans' thought.
You are 100% crystal clear on your stance that adult pedophiles who commit "heinous crimes" against children should be killed. I don't think anyone reading this could doubt that this is what you firmly believe. I don't agree, nor do I think this has much to do with the question of reporting. If you want the death penalty, talk to your political representative in whatever country you call home.
I asked if you were angry because of the tone of your posts. Your questions challenged whether we are cowards, jehovists, ignoring, covering up, etc. It might just be your writing style and I apologize for asking if you were angry. I won't assume it angered you to ask if you were angry, of course. That wouldn't make any sense.
Lost, we are talking past one another. You are talking about a world which is black and white and I'm talking about the grey. You bring up children getting raped, tortured and buggered. It is easy to say kill them all! However, not all cases are so black and white. Not all abuse takes that form. You ask if we are going to ask about each scenario and pick apart the ones that seem less than the other? YES I AM!! If you are going to say kill them all I am going to ask:
- does that include adolescents? (you have answered no)
- does that include women? (you have answered yes)
- does that include inappropriate touching?
- does that include creepy text messages, phone calls, or emails?
- does that include peeping toms?
- does that include mentally disadvantaged people?
- does that include non sexual abuse?
- does that include when the victim is sleeping?
- does that include when the abuser confesses?
- does that include those who induce kids to undress on a webcam?
- does that include people who sneak cameras into locker rooms?
- does that include people under the age of 25 that engage in sexual activity with people over the age of 16?
- does that include people over the age of 18 who engage in sexual activity with people under the age of 18?
- does that include people viewing child pornography?
- does that include people viewing so called "jailbait"?
- does that include when the victim, now an adult, does not want the abuser to be killed?
You started with an unqualified statement and now you have qualified it with "adult" and "heinous". Simply put, what is "adult" and what is "heinous"? Is your stand really so simple?
And even if you answered all those questions, that is one person's view. If you answered yes down the line I'd applaud your consistency. But, it is neither the law nor germane to the question of what Catholics or JW's have or will do on the matter of reporting. My point is simple, if you want them to report, make it the law. If you want to kill all the pedophiles, well, I'm going to respectfully disagree. I'm also going to insist that your opinion is an unreflective and easy emotional solution to a deeply complex and challenging problem.