Jehovah's Witnesses Couple died in murder suicide

by Watchtower-Free 31 Replies latest jw friends

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Hello WinAgainstThem... Welcome to the JWN Family.

I am so sorry for the loss of your friends.

I read about this older couple and it was heart breaking.

Is it true they had no children, or grandchildren?

Do you know if they had a KHall funeral?

It is none of anyone's business but if they needed to liquidate this couple's estate to pay debts etc , please tell me that any left over assets did NOT go to the Watch Tower.

LoisLane

• twice shy
    twice shy

WinAgainst them: You have to make a certain amount of hours to be baptized? Huh?

• WinAgainstThem
    WinAgainstThem

Thanks for welcoming me. I didnt learn too much about whether they had kids. The couple didnt have a Kingdom Hall funeral. Their non witness family handled their burial in another state. The elders wouldn't allow the husband funeral to be there. The elders didnt want to discuss the husband, but bashed him when they did. I literally seen this man spirits dashed by the pressure heaped upon him. These elders made up every excuse in the world not to baptize him. The excuse about him not making enough hours, actually angered the congregation. I couldnt really encourage him much with the faith. I had already stopped believing it myself many years ago. We talked about computers and racing every time I sat in his study. I will always remember him telling me, that the elders put him in a down state. Also saying how hypocritical they were, and how he regretted accepting a study.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Hi WinAgainstThem, Sad story all around.

Do you have any guess why the Elder's didn't like him?

I know, sometimes... it is just that way.

Sorry for your loss.

LoisLane

• WinAgainstThem
    WinAgainstThem

The elders felt he wasnt spiritual enough. He had back problems, and had a hard time moving about. They thought he was using his handicap as an excuse not to do more. I guess they felt he was half hearted about it. They questioned whether he was doing it to please his wife. She was a witness about 30 years, and he was a reformed mobster. They depressed him to the point, that he wanted to return to it. He told me this two weeks before the tragic event. They made him feel that he wouldnt never be good enough. He felt that he was giving it his best effort. Yet these spiritual graders felt otherwise. Im even more digusted with this religion after I witnessed this. It's all about meeting a quota with them.

• talesin
    talesin

Mob or criminal past? Since I saw this thread, I've been uneasy. My BIL's name was the same, and he was charged with embezzling, went to prison about 35 years ago .. never to be heard from again! He would be around the same age as this fellow.

Interesting ...... very interesting. It's a fairly common name, I reckon, though. Coincidence? Most likely.

tal

• steve2
    steve2

I empathize with your loss and acknowledge the JW religion did not help. But honestly, that's a million miles from explaining or justifying this man's absolutely vile act of murdering his wife. People the world over suffer really truly unfair treatment - but they don't go out and commit murder- suicide. If you want to poke holes in the JW religion, please find more justifiable targets than the egregious acts of a violent man. Why would you be offended that the elders didn't allow this murderer's funeral to be held in their kingdom hall?

• WinAgainstThem
    WinAgainstThem

Im not offended they didnt allow his funeral at the kingdom hall. Also I realize there is no justifying the act of him murdering his wife. Basically Im only explaining what I knew about the situation. Ultimately he is responsible for killing his wife. Im only telling what I knew about their health issues. Also how he was rejected for baptism, to give insight into why he may have snapped.

• Violia
    Violia

I believe the WTS is running scared of people with a "past" now. They have been accused of harboring criminals and providing a ideal place for child and wife abusers.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

This is the second one I saw on the news in two weeks.

The other in a young couple with two children, the children were shot

in ther beds and the wife was shot and the husband apparently shot himself

and the weapon was found in his hand. Entrenched JW family.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2540809/Jehovahs-Witness-couple-young-children-shot-dead-two-story-home-grandmother-grim-murder-suicide.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit