Jehovah's Witnesses Couple died in murder suicide

by Watchtower-Free 31 Replies latest jw friends

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Couple in their 60's with health problems. If they were born-ins or not, there was many years of being told you will never grow old and die. The Big A is just around the corner. Soon they find themselves getting old with health problems. The ask themselves why is this happening to us? Without a good answer they turn to some close friends and ask them why? Which in turn was told to trust in Jehovah or don't you trust what the GB says? Depression and despair sits in and because we believe the GB we do not seek mental help or even talk about. They truly had know were to turn when finally one day they both look at each other in this very deep depression and despair and decides to end their lives. I don't know if this is what happen but I do know because of the Cult thinking this is could have been the way it happen. How sad. Totally ADD

• OneEyedJack
    OneEyedJack

Pretty sad. Breaks my heart actually, seeing so many of the older JW's getting sick and broke. My grandparents are almost 90 and barely get around anymore. When they came in the truth they were promised they would never grow old and die. But they are still faithful to this organization. Even called me to invite me to CO visit today. It has to somehow rock their faith that they are growing old and dying. My grandfather finally admitted to me he hopes he dies before Armageddon because hes to old to go through the times it describes. I wish I could mentally free him, but its all hes known for the last 75 years.

If this was a mercy killing, as it seems to be, I can just imagine them hoping for forgiveness as they went through their decision.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

They probably did not check up on "them." They just noticed that the mail piling up was a bad witness. Everything else was of secondary importance.

• Gayle
    Gayle

So sad for certain. Guess the WT "soon" just wasn't working for them anymore in their plight/reality. In the article, there was no word of children or family.

• tiki
    tiki

very sad - and there is no way anyone will know what was going on in their minds that led to it....whatever religion or life someone lives .....this is a very tragic ending..........

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Nathan Natas - "Dennis and Lucy probably realized that their religion had lied to them and tricked them ..."

One of the reasons why the majority of us don't advocate exposing the WTS's flaws to senior citizen JWs.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Vidiot said, " One of the reasons why the majority of us don't advocate exposing the WTS's flaws to senior citizen JWs."

The reason I disagree with that policy is two-fold:

1. IGNORANCE is not bliss. It is always possible that the senior citizen JW will APPRECIATE TTaTT, even though such truth destroys their former illusions.

2. The WATCHTOWER wants nothing more than to seize the assets and estates of those they have LIED to. Your plan facilitates that evil.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Nathan Natas - "Dennis and Lucy probably realized that their religion had lied to them and tricked them into believing a fairy-tale."

I gotta say, I can't help but wonder...

Nathan Natas - "It is always possible that the senior citizen JW will APPRECIATE TTaTT, even though such truth destroys their former illusions."

And, as you seemed to suggest before, it's always possible that the senior citizen JW will be unable to deal, and end up harming himself or others. Would you want that on your conscience?

Nathan Natas - "The WATCHTOWER wants nothing more than to seize the assets and estates of those they have LIED to. Your plan facilitates that evil."

You're right about the asset seizure aspect; it had slipped my mind.

However, you're mistaken if you think it's my "plan"; I simply stated that the majority of us don't advocate doing it.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

At what age does a JW become incapable of accepting the truth about the truth?

Teenage JWs commit suicide. Do I bear bloodguilt for them? Do YOU?

Is there ANY point at which a person becomes solely responsible for their own self-damaging actions?

Telling a person TTaTT is not pulling the trigger on their gun or opening the valve on their helium tank or making them swallow barbiturates.

• WinAgainstThem
    WinAgainstThem

I knew this couple personally. The wife was a very nice quiet lady who fully embraced the faith. For awhile he would drop her off at meetings, until a child invited him inside. The husband was having a study at the time of the death. I actually sit in on studies with him. Both had a lot of health issues that weighed on them. The husband wasnt allowed to be baptized. The elders said he wasnt making the hours. He became very discouraged telling me and others his feelings on it. I honestly believe the health issues they were facing, and his rejection for baptism lead to this. Mostly dont believe the wife wanted to die. Thing is, we'll never know only speculation remains. However, I personally know that this religion added to his depression.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit