by Terry 59 Replies latest jw friends

• perfect1
    perfect1

when all is said and done,

I have the truth

and they have none.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I`m sure theirs some genius out their who can put music to these lyrics and make an album of rap video that would be commercial.

Excellent contributions.

smiddy

• Perversion of a truth
    Perversion of a truth

These are Great!! Sorry, but SafeAtHome takes the cake!! Had to share that one with my wife, , and perfectly 12 lines...

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Thank You Perversion of a truth! Worked hard on that. Isn't it something how most themes revolve around being happy and free, just the opposite of what the WT says you will be if you leave.

• Miss.Fit
  • Kensho
    Kensho

This double life I live is insane.

It's the hardest of man's games to play.

To lose would be a bullet through the brain,or at least just blow a main.

But then I change my point of view and start anew

While thinking of those who walk in the shadows and pick their battles, keeping some humanity on the road to their insanity.

So I continue without blame to live another day although ashamed,

for a chance to win this crazy game.

composed during D-to-D this morning.....bizarre isn't it.

Kensho

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It's just a bit over 12 lines, but THE LOGICAL SONG is pretty close:

When I was young, it seemed that life was so wonderful, a miracle, it was beautiful, magical

And all the birds in the trees, well they'd be singing so happily, joyfully, playfully, watching me

But then they sent me away to teach me how to be sensible, logical, responsible, practical

And they showed me a world where I could be so dependable, clinical, intellectual, cynical

There are times when all the world's asleep
    The questions run too deep for such a simple man

Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned
    I know it sounds absurd but please tell me who I am

I said now, watch what you say, now we're calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal

Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable

But at night, when all the world's asleep
    The questions run so deep for such a simple man

Won't you please (Won't you tell me), (You can tell me what) please tell me what we've learned (Can you hear me?)

I know it sounds absurd, (Won't you help me) please tell me who I am, who I am, who I am, who I am

But I'm thinking so logical

Did you call, one two three four

It's getting unbelievable

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"Born in a Bungalow when only three........." forgotten the rest. To the tune of Davy Crocket King of th Wild Frontier. (and a very angry back ear).

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

You can't sell a poem about sunshine, only one about grey skies and rain,

cause' ones about happiness get tedious, to folks who think poems should have pain.

Though I've had my share of good times, things really weren't bad so it seems,

but a poem about that, would fall rather flat next to one that has nightmares and screams.

If I write a poem about high hopes and things that mostly went great,

to you I could tell it, but I never could sell it, most people just wouldn't relate.

I've been mislead, had a childhood of dread over things that never came true,

and spent my life waiting, never really relating, to people even some that I knew.

So that's why I'll write of and tell you the plight of, someone who's whole life was spent,

listening to others, called them sisters and brothers, but doesn't know where they all went.

No you can't sell a poem about sunshine, but there's one thing for sure we do share.

If we wrote down our stories, told the pain and the glories, we'd all surely be millionaires.

• exwhyzee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit