New Initiatives for Public Witnessing

by eyeuse2badub 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I went to the meeting last night because my grandson had his first Bible reading. So I also suffered through the Sales (aka Service) Meeting. During the part on New Initiatives for Public Witnessing I noticed how precise the WTBTS was in disclosing exactly how many magazines and books were distributed, 3,797 and 7,986 respectively. The next sentence says "Many passersby requested a Bible study." How many passersby asked for a Bible study? 1,5, 10? Really no need to keep count of how many asked for a Bible study since that is not a stat that witnesses count on the monthly field service report!

Me thinks that there will be a lot more wasted literature now that 'passersby' will be able to just take any literature 'that interests him'. No donation will be requested is probably because of city ordinances requiring a license to sell in public areas.

I notice a few weeks ago tha Mormon missionary are now spending time preaching using social media. They admit that it is because during the day there is mostly unproductive time spent in their d2d work. No duh! When will dubs realize that?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

"Many passersby requested a Bible study."

How would the JWs conduct a "Bible study" since apparently all the congregations (in English speaking countries at least) don't have any Bibles in stock?

• sspo
    sspo

That's one of the biggest lie i've heard in a while.

Where i live in Southern California i see mostly Latino witnesses doing street work ...four of them standing by a busy shopping center and what i notice no one approches them and when they go up to people ...the people turn around and walk away.

No one wants a bible study from a JW.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi eyeuse2badub, I actually feel that the WTBTS is smarter than the Mormons about requiring FS, because it keeps JWs busy and confused. I wonder if the numbers of Mormons will leave the CoLDS becasue mormons will have more time to think and few people will join because of the lack of close personal contact.

If I was going to use social media to actract new members to a dangerous cult, I would put pictures of beautiful, sexy women to attract men, and handsome, masculine men to attract women on webpages. LOL Let's face it sex sells better than any other form of advertising.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Yep....The dubs around here are all excited at the news that they will be getting their trollies ! At least the Pioneers are, the rest know that they will not get a look-in

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    If I was going to use social media to actract new members to a dangerous cult, I would put pictures of beautiful, sexy women to attract men, and handsome, masculine men to attract women on webpages.

ABible Student ...

To get people to join the Mormons, I would show pictures of the majic underwear they would get to wear if they join.

Rub a Dub

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

"If I was going to use social media to actract new members to a dangerous cult, I would put pictures of beautiful, sexy women to attract men, and handsome, masculine men to attract women on webpages. "

They did, it's called JW.ORG....

Trollies/rolly-carts may be the main avenue of preaching in the future, besides the website. To legally protect themselves the WTBTS will probably release nu-light(tm) about the identity of " ordained ministers." This will only include Elders and pioneers who have passed a screening process from the HOLY SPIRIT WTBTS. New forms will be made that must be signed. Everyone else will have a " personal ministry." Nothing much will change, you still pay for your own gas and all that.. This way anyone, even child molesters can engage in their God-given personal ministry, but the WTBTS will be further insulated.

Just to be clear, yes, you must pay for your own trollie if you are approved for that wonderful assignment.

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi Oubliette,

How would the JWs conduct a "Bible study" since apparently all the congregations (in English speaking countries at least) don't have any Bibles in stock?

Touche'....Another thought, that's where all the bibles went to the streets & being translated into the native languages of other countries...

I really love what you said...to others, I live in NYC, they have those mobile bible stands in various places...nobody is walking up to them & they know it. When I see them I just go to encourage them. Everybody trying to get home, not paying witnesses no mind. I anwered the phone at my job one day & it was a witness because in certain areas there are only businesses, so there is no door to door..so this particular hall in lower Manhattan, decided to just call businesses & homes I guess. So when I answered the sister went into her JW spiel....I said, guess what? I'm a study, & the sister went on to explain why & what she was doing..I wished her well...So the witnesses have to take to the streets just like other religions, oops we are not a religion, this is a way of life..HOW COMMENDABLE...

Again, Touche'...I would have loved to see this post before this past Wednesday...I could've commented & said, wow, this is great news, I wonder if they have enough bibles, maybe I can pick one up from them...teeheeehee..but I did nudge my former study conductor & said, hey maybe that is where all the bibles are..she just smiled...I still think they stopped the presses on the English bibles to translate for the folks in Rawanda..Just a thought.

Be Well,

Legacy

• Angharad
    Angharad

They were in downtown Calgary the other day during the morning rush hour - just stood in the sun with their leaflet holder at the end of the C-Train platform, they didn't approach anyone to give out leaflets or attempt to talk to anyone. Seems like an easy way to count your time ! Probably have to be one of the super zealous ones to score that assignment - the rest still have to trudge from door to door.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Same thing going on NYC Ang, they have the table setups and are either just standing their or talking to each other,sometimes these table setup have 4 or 5 Dubs getting in that precious time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit