Feeling very sick!

by msconcerned 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Fernando
    Fernando

Why feel sick about an awesome opportunity?

You could suggest to them that if they made a study of the Good News according to Paul, they would find far more answers than they can dare to dream.

This is what has opened many persons' eyes - such as Ray Franz and Martin Luther.

You could suggest they use the Watchtower library to search for and mark all the occurrences of the phrase "Good News" in their Bible, and note how many are by Paul.

And best of all, this innocuous approach will leave you untouchable, since they claim to be "publishers of the Good News".

(Why do followers of the Watchtower religion call themselves “publishers of the Good News” whilst unfamiliar with the “Good News” according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?)

• msconcerned
    msconcerned

Thanks all i have some good ideas to bring to them.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Step down ASAP

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

So you come to the biggest JW apostate web site in the world to ask what should I do. ????

You should be really feeling more sick of the lies and corruption of this religious publishing house more than anything.

The varied individualistic people who are attending Kingdom Halls are just small part of this organization.

• Watkins
    Watkins

'troubled mind' has an excellent point: "it felt good too, just being open and honest and not following his pre determined outline."

It's not acting hypocritical to help anyone who's going through the same struggles you have experienced/are experiencing. Maybe you don't need to plan ahead what to say. just be open to the opportunities that arise in the conversation. If you can be the voice of warmth, understanding, reason and true brotherly love - in Christ's name, not the org's name - I agree with many posters on this thread: what an opportunity to really be encouraging.

"discouraged with the people in the hall" - people are people everywhere you go and some of 'em are just bastards. It's glaringly apparent that jws are no different, even though they say they are. Attitude is everything, isn't it.

All we can do is: BE the change you want to see in others! AND: Don't let the bastards get you down!

w

• msconcerned
    msconcerned

Finkelstein - "So you come to the biggest JW apostate web site in the world to ask what should I do. ????"

Nope, never asked what to do. I made a statement on how i feel about whats going on in the org. And as far as the biggest apostate website is concerned, i have never had more to think about and research than i have since coming here. There are some bright people on the site and has helped me to think a little more critically than ever before.

I now see the true reason the org. tells us not to look at these sites, they really give us another point of view to think about. Many here are not trying to pull me after them, but more importantly, teaching people not to accept everything at face value from the WT. For this i am grateful.

• molybdenum
    molybdenum

First off, you don't have to go on a shepherding call if you don't want to.

If you don't feel "qualified" you can just tell the Elder that it is not

possible for you to go.

However, if you cannot do that, and you have to go, then why not try to use the time to

express how you feel too. I am sure that the ones you will be talking to will be encouraged

to hear that you have the same feelings. Encouragement comes from being understood and having

feelings accepted rather than just firing off a barrage of scriptures or WT articles to say " this is what you should be doing"

After all it is called a shepherding call.

The Elder might not like what you say but then you will

probably never be asked to go an another shepherding call ever. Don't forget that when an MS is invited on

a shepherding call it is for "training" to be an Elder. When a MS servant is considerd for an Elder the CO nedds

to know if that brother had been on shepherding calls and how they dealt with them. If you have no desire to be an Elder

then here is the chance to nip that possibilty in the bud, as well as showing to some extent how you feel about the

congregation.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Trust your gut.

Stop participating in this harmful group.

• msconcerned
    msconcerned

I did say that it was more important to visit the brothers than try to convert people in the ministry. I got a crooked look from the elder.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Whoever wrote revelations was on a bad acid trip, sorry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit