Feeling very sick!

by msconcerned 21 Replies latest jw friends

• msconcerned
    msconcerned

Well as you all may or not know i am an M.S and trying to figure all these feeling out. But i have a dilemma, i will be going on a shepherding call with an elder to "help" a family who is discouraged with the people in the hall. I have to admit i feel the same way they do so how can i "encourage" them when i feel the same? Talk about hypocritical.

• MsGrowingGirl20
    MsGrowingGirl20

Hey. Don't worry. Just breathe. All of us know that sick feeling that you get when you realize the truth of this org. Just try to be honest and talk with the ex elders and ex ms around here. All the best ok

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Don't feel hypocritical!

I go on Bible studies with a brother, but I only speak the truth and agree with what I genuinely believe.

Do some Bible research and have Scriptural examples (especially Greek ones) ready, to show the family that we are warned that some in the congregation will be un-Christian, but stress that our focus is our relationship with God and Christ, not men. (Romans 8:38,39)

You will only be highlighting what Christians were warned to be prepared for at 2 Tim. 3:1-5, as the Insight book correctly points out: " Thus from the context it is clear that the apostle was informing Timothy well in advance about future developments among professed Christians and describing what fruitage such apostasy would finally yield ." (Last Days page 206-27)

Further proof? Read Revelation chapters 2 & 3, and remind them that Jesus is talking about the characteristics of the Christian congregation worldwide at the time of the end.

So you'll be helping such ones to see that they are not alone in feeling the way they do.

All the best with your encouragement.

• msconcerned
    msconcerned

Thanks, im working on what to say right now.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think you should also slip in a bit of Cognitive Dissonance for them, ask them to concentrate on all the loving works JW's do worldwide, not just their own, local, problems.

The Elder or them cannot fault what you say, but of course, the only work they can point to that JW's do is the selling of the cult, what they call "preaching".

No real love is shown for non-JW's, and prescious little is shown overall within the Org.

• msconcerned
    msconcerned

It is sickening to think that we allow ourselves to be beaten and mentally stressed by the foolish things people say and do. Who cares! Ignore the idiots and develop good relationships with those who actually care, in or out of the cong.

• krejames
    krejames

Show empathy, kindness and love. No one can argue with that and it's not hypocritical.

• msconcerned
    msconcerned

Yep that's my plan.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

This is an excellent opportunity!

Perhaps there has been some real wrongdoing in the cong. or the family is tired of getting beaten around / minimized by their 'brothers.'

Maybe they - the parents anyway - are in the same boat as a lot of us. They're seeing through the veneer of 'the truth.' Or they are struggling with 'new light' or the recent child sex abuse news. Maybe the convention chewed them up and they are riddled with guilt.

It's a typical pattern for publishers to blame individuals in the congregation instead of the real culprit - the Org.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I remember one time we had a Sheparding call and we ended up being the encouraging factor . The poor Elder ended up coming alone because the MS didn't show that was suppose to be with him . This Elder was facing serious health issues ,cancer, and his only son was becoming 'rebellious' . He felt so down and disgusted with how others in the Hall were acting . We ended up giving him emotional support ....it felt good too ,just being open and honest and not following his pre determined outline .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit