Prostate Problems?

by compound complex 48 Replies latest members private

• talesin
    talesin

I'm sorry you are in pain, CoCo. Hope things improve for you soon. You are not only gifted, but also a very sweet person, and I will send you healing energy, and you're in my thoughts.

xo

tal

• compound complex
    compound complex

Love and thanks to you, dear Tal!

All the very best . . .

CoCo

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Sudden change in circumstances.

We were on our way to Las Vegas to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary.
    We load the plane 8/4 and the seat belt came on for take off.
    My husband had to wait until it was safe for him to remove the belt so he could relieve himself.
    Only by the time he got there, he was unable to go at all.

Nothing! for over 24 hours.

Monday 8/5 in LasVegas we have a taxi driver drop us off at the hospital emergency.
    My husband was admitted and cath was insterted at that time and he remained cathed for the entire rest of our vacation in Vegas.

Once back home, we went to his dr on 8/13 for removal of the cath. Two hours later we went back to have the cath put back in, as he was still unable to pee and this time he was having horrible pains.
    Another dr. appt on 8/21 to have the cath removed, the dr scoped the bladder for problems and suggested TURP surgery asap.

At this time, 8/25 he is still wearing a cath. He has decided to try some different meds for a month or three. He also wants to speak to another dr. about a less invasive surgery than the TUPR, the HoLep. We will have to travel if he chooses this surgery as it is not offered in our area.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I just got a book on trigger point therapy. Trigger points are areas of muscle pain and tenderness throughout the body. Most people my age have at least a few such points, and they often are not aware of them. The most common area to be tender is the top of the shoulder, halfway between the neck and arm. nyway, they had a chapter on the groin, they said middle aged men sometimes sit in a recliner, putting pressure on the tailbone, which aggravates the prostate enough to make it hard to urinate. They have things you can do yourself to help with the the intrapelvic muscles that are the problem. It's called 'The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook" by Clair Davies.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

How quickly life changes.

My husband had prostrate surgery one week ago, Friday. He stayed over night and was released the next afternoon.

He will see the doctor for a follow up check up on Tuesday.

He is still very sore.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Wishing your hubby well, Lisa!

I hope that you doing all right yourself. Things do change so quickly. The above issue is still a concern for me.

Love,

CoCo

edit: sorry I missed your last post -- I asked my urologist last week about TURP.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

He had the TURP. The doctor said his prostrate was very inflamed and bleed a lot.
    The surgery took an hour. Then he wore a cath for 24 hrs in the hospital.
    It was removed the next morning and he was able to relieve himself. We went home.

It still takes several minutes to start and stop, and a weak flow. He's hoping it will improve over the next few weeks.

The doctor said because the surgery has to be limited to one hour, he was unable to get as much as he wanted becasue of how much blood there was. He warned us there was a posibility that he would have to have the surgery again in 6 months.

My husband has to continue to take all the same medications he took before the surgery. But he is currently without a cath after 2 months of wearing one.

Thank you for your concern.

• compound complex
    compound complex

You're welcome, Lisa . . .

When you mentioned another surgery, it made me think about what my doc said: the prostate is one organ that continues to grow, even with the surgery. Cathing is a relief -- sure -- but it is a pain. I tried working with it in and that was no fun.

CC

• compound complex
    compound complex

Many, many threads on prostate! A friend told me -- honest! -- that her minister father died of apostate cancer.

I wanted to update, since, for once, it's good news.

My urologist upped my Doxazosin (Cardura[n]) intake. I figured getting up every 60-90 minutes a night to urinate was a forever thing. Cutting back liquids in the afternoon made no difference.

Since doubling my dosage -- which is still very low -- I get up only twice a night, enjoying anywhere from three to five hours uninterrupted sleep between the two trips.

If any of you guys see this, I'd appreciate your experiences.

THANKS!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit