Prostate Problems?

by compound complex 48 Replies latest members private

• Glander
    Glander

In your kitchen spice rack you may have fennel seed. It is the distinctive flavor found in italian sausage, etc. Brew a cup of tea with a few fennel seeds and you will pee freely.

• Pterist
    Pterist

@CC

Hard to believe all the contradicting reports in the media, however, recently they reported that fish oil can lead to prostrate cancer and or enlargement of the prostrate. I use to take 8x1000mg pills a day to combat my high cholesterol, and in a recent blood test my PSA level was 4.2...the doc wanted me to have further test. I did not have any symptoms or problems "holding" since I use to drive from WPB to Orlando, 3 to 4 hours non stop on weekends, so I stopped takeing the fish oil and my PSA level went down to 2. ....however, I'm still a bit worried and have procrastinated a further follow up, no pun intended. ;)

Interested in your feedback.

• Pterist
    Pterist

@Cofty

Sorry to hear about your ordeal, colon cancer took half my family, so I know the issues, and am high on the list as a victim, be well :)

• designs
    designs

When you're 20 you can put out forest fires and now the fire would win

• Satanus
    Satanus

I heard that an ultrasonic toothbrush is supposed to help. Not sure how brushing teeth is involved:/

S

• Terry
    Terry

Hard to believe all the contradicting reports in the media, however, recently they reported that fish oil can lead to prostrate cancer and or enlargement of the prostrate.

Next time I'm in the ocean I wil NOT be bending over!

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

CoCo, where are you? I hope you are feeling OK.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, everyone!

Comments and support appreciated.

Getting by, rip -- THANKS!

CC

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

My husband has had an enlarged prostrate for years. He's taken Doxazison and Proscar. Both worked basically the same, but on the Proscar he could not donate blood, so decided on the Doxazison.

This past month they did another PSA test, it came back better than the one he took 5 yrs ago.
    They told him they wanted him to "bring your wife so we can discuss surgery". (think roto-rooter)
    I called and cancelled the appt. I see no reason for surgery when he was actually better than 5 yrs ago.

They said he was also retaining urine. (according to the ultrasound) I'm pretty sure it was because he had to give a urine sample so when the cup was full, he stopped peeing set the cup down and could not restart, right before the ultra sound. It is fine if he empties completely without stopping.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, Lisa!

Sounds all too familiar.

I am taking Dox also.

All the best to you and hubby.

I don't want surgery either.

CC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit